"My name is Aiden," He said.

"Cute name. Now was that so hard?" I asked him.

He shook his head, before walking away again. I sighed and rolled my eyes, while continuing to follow him. He was playing hard to get, but I didn't mind.

"Why do you keep following me?" He asked as he looked over his shoulders.

I caught up to him, trying to walk faster to keep up with his long legs.

"I'm kind of lost. I think I was drugged at a party last night. I don't remember how I got here, and you're the only person I know around here," I lied.

He stopped and let out a deep sigh. All was quiet for a moment. I waited for him to say something.

"Where do you live?" He asked.

"Rosewood?" I said truthfully.

"Thats only a few towns over. I will take you that far, but after that, you're on your own," He said as we approached the bus stop.

"Thank you," I said as I sat on the bench.

He sat on the far side of the bench, putting space between us with his duffel bags. His girlfriend is really lucky to have someone who cares about her that much. It was so quiet, that the only sounds were the crickets chirping, and the small hum of the music coming from a nearby club. When the bus came, we boarded and took our seats in the very back.

"So, who are you looking for?" I asked curiously as I stared at the mysterious boy.

He ignored me, so I moved to the seat accompanying him.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Come on, I told you what I was doing. The least you could do is make conversation," I said as I placed a hand on his leg.

He pulled my hand off of his leg as if I were to have some kind of disease. I looked at him with confusion.

"Please, don't. I love my girlfriend. She's the one Im looking for. She's been gone since this morning. Her family and I are very worried about her," He said as he looked away.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. That was the kind of love and affection I craved, but would never get. My mother is a drunk, but I only had her and Alice. I felt like I haven't seen my mother in years. I almost missed her.

"I'm sorry. I feel so stupid," I said as I moved back into the other seat.

The rest of the ride was quiet. I just sat there, playing with the ends of my hair. That was until the bus came to a sudden stop. I flew forward unable to stop myself, and hit my face off of the seat in front of me. I heard a snicker come from the seat next to me.

"Oh, you thought that was funny didn't you?" I asked him as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Um, no, not at all. But this is our stop. I'm only sticking around to make sure you get home okay," He said as he stood up.

He motioned for me to lead the way. So, I stood up, and walked toward the front of the bus. I handed the driver five dollars for the ride. He waved to us, as we got off of the bus. I pulled Aiden in the direction towards my house. When we got to my front porch, I knocked on the door. A strange woman opened the door.

"Can I help you?" The lady asked.

"Is my mom here?" I asked confused as I tried to look over her shoulder.

Everything was different. The furniture was new, and there were children's toys spread out on the floor. The pictures of me,my mother, and Alice were no longer hanging along the wall of the staircase. Lastly, the wall where I had my height measured since I was tall enough to stand, was painted over with a new coat of white paint.

"Um, no. I bought this house almost ten years ago. I think you have the wrong house. I'm sorry," She said as she closed the door in my face.

I slumped down on the stairs, and buried my face in my hands. My sobs echoed in the silent night. When I looked up, he was standing there watching me.

"You can leave now. There's nothing left for you to help me with," I said.

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

I looked at him with blurred vision from my tear filled eyes, and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I don't know what's happening. My mother is gone, and my friends house looks like it could be used in a haunted house movie. How long have I been gone?" I asked myself.

He was quiet for a moment, as if he were thinking. The hunger came back, and my stomach growled. I clenched my stomach, and let out a groan as I bent over. When he put a hand on my shoulder, I looked up at him. He stumbled backwards, and stared in confusion.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Did you know you were a vampire?" He asked.

I shook my head, but that only made it throb. Another sharp pain shot through my abdomen. I almost fell over, but he caught me. My vision slowly blurring as he carried me away. Everything went dark and silent for a while.

The only thing that I could feel, was a warm liquid dripping onto my lips. When I opened my eyes, I noticed that he had carried me into the woods. I was laying on the ground with my head on his lap, as he held his bleeding wrist over my mouth. I tried to push his hand away, but I was to weak.

"You need to feed," He said as he pressed his wrist to my lips.

I didn't want to drink his blood, but it was the most sweetest thing I'd ever tasted. The adrenaline started to kick in. I felt stronger than I had ever felt before. Pulling his wrist further in my mouth, I drank vigorously. I wanted more, more, more.

A moan escaped his lips, as he pulled out of my strong grip. I sat up quickly and opened my mouth. My top jaw was hurting. I could feel my teeth elongating.  The last sharp pain it sent through my mouth after they fully came out, caused me to let out a scream.

"Anna?" He asked.

When I looked at him, his eyes were open wide. I couldn't fight the urge. So, I pushed him down on the ground, and kissed him on the lips. They were so soft. It would have been perfect, but he pushed me off of him.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me," I said as I looked at the ground.

"Its called lust. All vampires feel it when they feed. Didn't the one who turned you tell you any of this?" He asked as he wiped the blood from his lips.

"Lust? Vampires? Up until now I didn't know vampires existed," I said as sunk my face into my hands.

My head swirled with thoughts. I was unable to grasp any concept of what was happening. The only word that echoed in my mind was lust. That feeling was unlike anything I'd ever felt. I didn't know if I like it or not. I was overwhelmed with confusion. What is happening to me?

(Pic is of a young Anna)