The kids were exhausted as we all piled into the living room to catch them up on what happened.
"So, we're all going?" Mariana asked with a yawn.
"No. Mama and I are going. We, uh, have to take a helicopter to Arizona. To get Ami. She, she's in danger... But we're all gonna be okay, yes? B, you're in charge. Stay safe and Mama and I will be in touch. Okay?"  And they all nodded.

Mike, Lena, and I drove to get our helicopter and rescue Amelia from the terror she's enduring. It made me sick to my stomach to think of what is happening to her. I opened my phone to text Amelia.

Hi, baby. Stay safe. We got you. Xoxo.

AMELIA'S POV:
"Who were you on the phone with, Amelia?" My mom said, drunk off her ass.
"N-No one mom. It's fine. I'm going to bed." I pulled the covers over my face and she pulled them off of me.
"Come out and party with us, baby." She smirked, reeking of booze. I covered my nose and shook my head. She dragged me out of bed and pulled me into the living room where there were too many people I didn't know doing things I didn't want to see. My dad was dancing and holding a bottle of vodka. He pulled me up and started dancing with me.
"I love you so much, my Amelia." He said.
"Dad. Stop please I just wanna go to bed." He clearly didn't like what I had to say and he pushed me away violently.
"Dan! What the fuck!!" My mom screamed. He lunged towards her and slapped her. She winced and got back up.
"Let's go." Patrick took my hand and lured me back into my bedroom. I was scared and terrified. I didn't know what was going to happen.
"Get back in the bed." He ordered. He went to the bathroom for about five minutes which confused me. But I realized he was probably doing lines of cocaine. He would do that before he raped me. I quickly grabbed my phone and saw the text from Stef.

Hi, baby. Stay safe. We got you. Xoxo.

Most of me was happy and relieved that they were coming, but part of me felt embarrassed and awful that I had reached out and contacted them. They aren't my parents anymore and shouldn't have to go out of their way to help me. But nevertheless, I was so grateful. I didn't know how long they were going to take, Arizona was five hours away. My thoughts were interrupted as Patrick came out of the bathroom and I hid my phone under the bed.
"Ready to go again?" He smirked and climbed on the bed. I refused and refused and he pinned me down and went at it, again.

Inhale, one. Exhale, one. Inhale, two. Exhale, two. Inhale, three. Exhale, three. You can do this Amelia. Just block it out. They're coming soon.

I looked at the clock and it read 12:49am. I didn't know when or if Stef was coming and my stomach was still in pain from the previous assault. I was worried something terrible was happening inside of my body. Patrick was still assaulting me and was for an hour. As he finished, I heard banging on the front door and I was scared so my heart started to pound and everything around me started to get blurry, but my hearing was still intact.
"Police! Open up!" I heard a familiar voice say. People were shuffling outside of my room and I heard a couple screams come from outside. Patrick was too high to even realize something was happening until someone pounded the door and attempted to open it but didn't succeed because it was locked.
"Police!! Open the door right now." I heard the same voice say. Patrick would not get off of me and I screamed and screamed to let the voice know I was in here. The door was pounding and pounding and finally flew open. Patrick finally got off of me and started running towards the door. The voice who I finally realized was Mike, tackled him to the ground. I laid on my bed still as a statue. I forgot how to move my limbs as if they weren't attached to my body. Everything started to get blurry again and I didn't like that so I got up to go to the bathroom to throw some water on my face but fell straight to the ground.

STEF'S POV:
Mike made me stay outside of the house while he and the other Arizona police department went inside. Lena was an absolute wreck and as was I, but I attempted to ease her anxieties.
"My love, it's going to be okay. We're gonna get our baby girl back. I know it." I kissed her forehead as I held her in my embrace. We stayed like that for a bit until I heard screaming coming from a familiar voice from inside the house.
"Oh my god. Fuck that's Ami." I panicked and got out of the car as fast as I could. I heard another bang as loud as I could imagine and assumed it was a door pounding open. I got out of the car with my gun in my hand slowly walking into the trash heap of a house and it was a ghost town. I could tell that there was a party happening because there was booze everywhere. I walked into the hallway to see Mike handcuffing Patrick, which shook me to my core. I didn't know he was in Arizona, never mind in the same house that Ami and her birth parents were in. I walked past Mike and Patrick into what I assumed was Amelia's room and I saw her passed out on the floor.
"Amelia! Baby. Baby. Love, ca-can you hear me?!" I bent down to pick up her limp body and held her, shaking her and trying to wake her up but I didn't succeed.
"Oh my god. Ami baby" I choked up. "Mike! C-Call a bus! Amelia isn't waking up!" I screamed.

Lena came running inside the house to find me sitting on the ground.
"Stef, wha-what.. Oh my god. My baby, my baby." Lena screamed and melted to the floor, holding Ami's face in her hands. The ambulance came and wheeled her into the bus as Lena and I rode with her. She finally woke up and was terrified and stunned to see Lena and I.
"Hi, my beautiful girl. You're safe, Mama is here. I am here. We got you baby." I stroked her hair and cheek as a tear rolled down her face.
"M-Mommy... I'm scared." She continued to cry and winced because the EMTs were poking her with random medicines and her stomach still was hurting her.
"You're okay lovebug. Moms are here" Lena took her hand and squeezed it tight "We're always going to be here."

It was a long night at the hospital and Lena spent a good chunk of time on the phone with the kids, going through the details on what happened tonight. And I watched Ami like a hawk, sleeping in the hospital bed.
"Ms. Foster, a word?" The doctor came in. I got up from the chair and walked towards the doctor.
"Amelia is a trooper, you've got a strong one on your hands." He said. I was just about to ask a million questions when Lena came in, beating me to the punch.
"Hi, hi. Dr. Hilton. H-How is she? Is she going to be okay?" Lena grabbed my hand and squeezed as I pulled her closer to my embrace.
"I was just telling your ..." He pondered.
"Partner." I answered.
"I was just telling your partner that Amelia is very strong. She is stable right now, she passed out because of the concussion she got because of the assault. She also experienced some internal bleeding in her stomach from the trauma. So we'll need to take her into surgery as soon as possible."
Lena and I both nodded and they prepped Ami for surgery and we had a moment with her before they took her in.
"We love you, Ami girl. You're so strong my love and Mom and I are going to be right here when you wake up." Lena said to a tired, pale looking brunette beauty.
"My strong girl. I love you more and more every time I look into those beautiful eyes of yours. Mama and I are not leaving your side, ever." I kissed my daughter on the forehead a dozen times before the nurses took her in to be prepped and ready for the operating room. I heard Lena sigh and sniffle, soon I realized she was crying.
I put my arms around her waist from behind and hugged her tight. "It's all going to be okay, love. She's where she belongs now, with us. With her moms." And that caused her to smile.
She turned around and returned the hug, "I'm so relieved she's safe with us."
"She always will be."