Chapter 13.

Here you go!

~Enjoy :)

AMELIA'S POV:

"Alright girls! Thank you so much for coming in and auditioning! The list will be posted tomorrow morning on the bulletin board right outside of the gym. If you didn't make it this year, don't be discouraged. Try out next year, I'm sure we'll be happy to have you!" Jess concluded.
"I second that!" Lexi added.
"Yes I totally agree. If you don't make it, it doesn't mean you're not a good dancer. You all were amazing dancers today. So good luck to everyone and thank you!" Mariana clapped her hands together and smiled.

I felt completely and utterly embarrassed. I was so nervous I messed up every turn, jump, kick I did. We were walking out of the gym when I heard two girls whispering,

"I heard they're only taking six girls, and seven auditioned. I think we all know who is going to get the boot." One of the girls snickered.

Lena stayed for the whole audition, which made me even more nervous than I already was, for some reason. The three of us got into the car to head home, finally. Mariana and Lena were talking about some research paper Mariana got assigned. I, on the other hand, was completely silent.

"Amelia? You okay back there babe?" Lena looked in the rear view mirror to meet my eyes in the back seat.
"Yeah. Fine."
"You rocked it in auditions today honey. I'm so proud of you."
"Can we just not talk about them. I really don't feel like talking about them." I snapped.
"Amelia. What's going on?" Lena asked in a concern, yet stern manner.
"I sucked! Okay? I absolutely sucked. I was the worst one in there." My eyes soon dripped with tears, eyes puffy and bloodshot.
"Ami no! You did awesome today and I'm not just saying that. You were one of the best in there, no doubt." Mariana turned around and reached her hand from the passenger seat to reach mine in the back.
"Love, I was there the whole time and let me tell you, you were the best one in there. And I'm not just saying that." Lena met my gaze again.
I sniffled and wiped my cheeks, "I guess we'll find out tomorrow morning if I really was."

I had finished my homework and it was only eight thirty, but I was exhausted. I went downstairs to get water before heading to bed and Stef and Lena were in the kitchen.

"I'm just getting some water before bed."
"You alright babe? It's kind of early." Stef asked, sipping her tea.
"I'm really tired."
"Hey, before you go to bed, we'd like to talk to you about something." Lena patted the stool in between the both of them. I slowly walked over to sit down, and a part of me know exactly what they wanted to talk about.
"So Lena told me what happened in her office today." Me and Stef's eye connected.
"I'm sorry. I really am. It-it was a mistake and it really wont happen again."
"Sweetheart, it's okay to call us Mom or Mama. We would absolutely love it, if you were comfortable." I wasn't making eye contact, so Lena rubbed my back so I would turn to her.
"Okay. I'll try."
"Amelia you don't have to try, love. Only if you're comfortable." Stef responded.
"I'm going to go to bed," I rose from my seat, "Goodnight guys."
"Goodnight sweets." Stef  said.
"Goodnight lovebug." Lena added after.

STEF'S POV:
"Well that went well." I said sarcastically, followed with a scoff.
"She'll come around," Lena sighed, "I hope. She had a little bit of a meltdown in the car on the way home from dance auditions."
"Why?"
"She thinks she tanked it."
"That's ridiculous! Did you watch them?"
"Yes and she was amazing, per usual. I don't know why she doesn't have any confidence in herself." Lena jumped over to the stool that Ami was previously sitting on and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Hey, we never called Laura saying we want to pursue with the trial." Lena popped up from my shoulder, looking a little panicked.
"I'll call her now, babe. Don't worry."
I picked up my phone and dialed the number to her personal phone,
"Hey, Laura. Its Stef . Is it alright if I put you on speaker? "