CHAPTER: 3

I sat alone once again at lunch. I didn't mind though. I've done this since my first year. I drew on my drawing pad pretty contently, I didn't eat the food here. It's disgusting.

As I shaded in parts of my drawing of an elephant, I seen a shadow standing over me. I expected it to be Stacey. "What" I snapped as I sighed. I'm really not in the mood to deal with Stacey.

"That's a nice drawing" I heard a voice say. A males voice. Looking up, it was Daniel. Daniel Craig from my science class. My heart began to beat faster. He's talking to me!? What the hell.

As he pulled the seat out next to me and sat down I thought I was dreaming. "Thanks" I said gently. "How'd you learn to draw like that?" He asked me. "I don't know. I always loved art" I said quietly. I was so in shock right now.

"Listen, I just came to say, I think your a really nice girl and... I'm sorry for not sticking up for you more in class. We all see how Stacey acts with you. It's sick" he said.  I didn't respond. I'm just too shy.

Walking out of school felt good. I was so happy. Seeing my dads car parked at the path, I ran to his car. "Hey" I smiled as I jumped into the passenger seat. "What's up" he smiled as he went on flipping through his CDs. "Slyyyyyy" I teasingly whispered to him.

"Baby we've played Sly more than anyone else in this car." Just then I seen Daniel walking up the path almost at our car. "DAD! Hide me! Quick!" I yelled as I ducked "why what's wrong!" He asked panicked "Daniels coming!" I squeaked.

"Who the heck is Daniel?" He asked as I sat up happy that Daniel walked past our car "he's just ah... well... we're" "awwww Reina's gotta crush" he teased me as he slipped the Stevie Wonder album into the stereo.

"Dad I don't! He's a friend ok!" I said as my cheeks turned red at even the thought of him. I really was falling hard. As my dad drove I stared out the window.

"Hey, it's ok to have a crush" he smirked "just as long as he stays 20 meters away from you at all times, he goes over that limit of space and he'll have me to deal with" my dad said putting his finger on his chest. I giggled at his protective side. "We aren't a thing" I rolled my eyes.

"Momma and I have sound checks today, so you gotta be good for Marie. No fighting out of you guys" he warned me "yes sir" I sighed. I hated when momma and dad went to sound checks. They always took so long.

Getting home I ran to my room, quickly taking my shoes and socks off and letting my feet sink into the soft shaggy purple rug. I took my jeans off and slipped into my sweat pants and I was immediately more comfortable as I threw my school bag in the corner of my closet.

Walking down the hallways in my bare feet I stared at all the walls. Each wall had all different pictures of my dad from his younger days up to now.