It's Our Day, Hanji

Start from the beginning

"Look at that... Hanji... we're actually married..." I say.

"Heh... I love you too..."

*   *   *

"Hanji! Hanji!" The crowd cheers as Hanji got down onto the dance floor. She turns around and I watched her. This reminds me when we met... when Hanji caught the floors and bumped into me... and we started to date...

"Here I go!" She yells as she tosses the flowers back. I see a light blond woman catching it and bumping into Miche. I see she apologizes and Miche shakes his head. Something similar to what happened to me... I hope Miche gets a girlfriend soon... maybe today's the day.

I avert my gaze to Hanji, who was making her way towards me. "Hey..." I said as I walked close to her. "You doing okay?"

"A little out of breath... but I'm doing fine..." She smiles as she looks down. I look down as well and I see her hand rubbing her belly. "This little monster is taking all my energy away."

"Well..." I start off, putting my hand on her stomach. "It's our little monster..." I kiss her.

"More like your little monster."

"Ugh... don't bring that up."

"It's true..."

I smiled, why did I suddenly get the urge to hold my baby in my arms now? The child's not due for months... but I do want to see my child now...

"Alright everyone!" Erwin's voice came onto the speakers and we all turned to the front. Sure enough, Erwin was there with the microphone in his hand. "I know we're all too busy celebrating our friends' wedding but I have to interrupt your great moves and music for lunch. We're starting now. Come join us in the dining hall now for lunch. Thank you."

"We better head down before someone gets cranky." Hanji says.

"You think?" I asked.

A face I haven't seen for a long time, Jasmine walks up. "Hanji..." She says as she wraps her arms around Hanji and I see her starting to cry. "I'm so sorry..."

"Sorry? About what?"

"Me being wrong about him... I'm sorry... but congrats on your baby. Hope it's going to be a great addition to your family."

"Will you be expecting a baby soon?"

"Not that soon. Erwin probably doesn't want one this soon."

"Well, thanks for coming..."

"You're my friend, Hanji. Do you forgive me?"

"Jasmine, are you serious? Of course I forgive you... there's no way I'm gonna keep you away. Besides, who else am I going to ask to baby-sit my kid?"

"Forgiving me so I can baby-sit? You know how to get things your way."

"Thanks. Anyways, shall we get some lunch?"

"Of course."

"Thanks for leaving me out." I say as I take Hanji towards the dining hall.

"Hey, we didn't leave you out..."

Going into the dining hall, we take our seats for lunch. Jasmine sits next to Hanji and Erwin sits next to her. But as soon as everyone was sitting down, Erwin made his way with a microphone in his hand.

"Levi, want to make an announcement?"

"You do know that I hate talking in public."

"Rather have Hanji do it for you?"

"No, I'll do it."

"Just, make a speech up, that's it. Just, say how you feel."

"I don't-"

"Levi, just do it."

"Ugh..." I stood up, turning the microphone on. What should I say? "Hello?" I say awkwardly. I waited for silence. "Thank you for coming. Hanji and I are grateful for people like you guys. To be completely honest... I don't know what to say, but thanks again for coming. Hope you had a wonderful day today and... yeah..." I turned the microphone off and I quickly take my seat as everyone clapped.

"That wasn't that bad, Levi." Hanji says.

"Thanks... I guess."

*   *   *

The after-wedding party died down as people began to leave after 4 full hours. Erwin and Jasmine stayed and helped us clean up. As much as they kept telling me to leave with Hanji, I couldn't just leave them with something that I created. But then, they did clean it up before I could have done something.

They left us alone, as much as they hated to. I saw Hanji outside, just looking over the the beautiful view. I sneaked behind her and wrapped my arms around her, "Gotcha!" I say, my hands went down to her stomach as I felt the baby.

"Levi, you startled me..." She laughs as I felt her hands on mine. 

"It's our day, Hanji... our day to be together... and our day that we're really together..."

"I can't believe it... actually married... heh... our little one would be so proud that we're here together."

"I know... but still... we're finally here together... and all the credit goes to Erwin and Jasmine... after all... they're the reason why we met up in the first place."

"Yeah... thank goodness." She sighs, "We're the weird ones, right?"

"What makes you say that?"

"We're completely opposite..."

"But we have one thing in common... our love..."

"Not forgetting our baby, right?"

"Yeah..." I sighed... we'll forever be together... and nothing to stop us.