CHAPTER SIX||GET READY

The rest of the week flew by quickly, and it was time to announce and introduce the Hayden Heir in society. Everyone with a high status and deep pockets were invited to the society event of the year.

And by everyone, I mean everyone. Despite the expected families: Gilmore, Hayden, Huntzberger, Vanderbilt, Geller, McCrea, and Morgan-Rothschild. People of every color were going to be there and the past, just doesn't want to stay in the past. It was practically going to be a reunion. With all the society kids that had went to Chilton—and do go to Chilton or any schools that the next generations have infiltrated with their immature and egotistical attitudes (according to the memories of Rory's dreadful high school years).

In the expectations of such a formal gathering, Rory needed to shop for a new dress. She used this time alone to her advantage to think about everything from the Hayden Heiress to her relationship with Logan. During her mindless wandering and shopping she came across a small boutique with extravagant clothing. Although, it was small and seemed that no one goes in to shop there, Rory went in to look around.

The prices were decent, not too expensive but not cheap either. She loved it. Rory browsed until she came across a dark blue dress that had a trumpet skirt and beading at the top with crystals. Rory found her size and went to try it on without looking at the price tag or the designer.

Once she found the dressing rooms, she slipped out of her casual clothing and into the formal dress. She looked at herself in the dressing room mirror, turning from side to side then taking a seat on the small bench—making sure that it was comfortable to sit in. It was gorgeous on Rory. It hugged her curves in all the right places and it gave her confidence. When she went to unzip a voice called out to her.

"Madame? Do you need anyzing? Come out of there and let me zee the gown on you! I am zee styliste and propriétaire of zis boutique!" Rory's ears perked up at the French words and accent. New designer perhaps? Rory grinned and exited the stall; she hasn't used her French in a long while since Chilton and that summer in Europe with her grandmother.

"Oh bonjour, madame! I love your boutique!" Rory exclaimed, exiting the stall, and coming out in the blue dress.

"Oh, merci! Merci! Ah, you are magnifique! Zee dress ez parfait for you!" the French woman exclaimed in such joy, she seemed to ready to burst at the seems with happiness. Rory looked at her and she seemed to be in her late twenties with dark chocolate hair, a warm skin tone, and beautiful emerald eyes.

"Ah, merci!" Rory thanked her with a bright smile and a small twirl.

"You are my muse! You must come by again and be my maquette!"

Rory was flattered as a light blush dusted her cheeks. A model, huh? Well, who am I to object?

"Oui bien sûr!" Rory replied, "I love this dress, puis-je acheter cette robe?"

"Oui! Oui! You must!"

Rory purchased the dressed and asked for her name.

"Vivienne Velaris."

"Rory Gilmore-Hayden."

And with that they bid adieu and Rory left on her way to her parental grandparents' house to get ready—after stopping by her dorm to pick up everything she needed to go with her dress. At the Haydens, she had her own room prepared in case she wanted to stay overnight or sleep after the event was concluded, or for vacations and overnight visits.

Once she arrived at the Hayden mansion, she greeted the maid and walked around the bustling staff carrying things and setting things up. Everything was being put together for the most important society event of the year.