Chapter Five

After getting home and crawling into bed my phone buzzed. I picked it up and realized it was a text from Luke.

L -Does tomorrow sound good ?

I was smiling from ear to ear as I messaged him back.

J- Tomorrow sounds good. What time?

L- Could you meet me at koolies around 8?

J- sounds good. See you then :)

I set the alarm on my phone for in the morning and placed my phone on my side table. Koolies was the name of a small bar on the other side of town. I'd have to catch a cab to get there. It's a nice place, nothing special. Just a little hole in the wall that people my age like to go to. I was excited and nervous, I really hoped I wouldn't screw this one up. Luke seemed like such a nice guy. I'm not very good with men. I'm shy, clumsy, weird, and I could go on and on.

I closed my eyes, willing myself to dream about the date tomorrow. I was almost asleep when a loud bang made me jump. Shit. How could I forget about last night.
There were loud noises in my kitchen, cubbord doors slamming and the opening and closing of my refrigerator.
I walked down the hallway and peeked my head around the corner into the kitchen.

"Ah, just what I was looking for" the man said as he grabbed a bottle of vodka off the top shelf.

I walked out and threw my hands on my hips.
"Did I say help yourself ? Cause I don't think I did. I don't think I told you you could come in either" I sneered at him.

He turned around to look at me. Smirking as he took a large gulp of my alcohol.
He set the bottle down, taking a long look at me. A blank expression on his handsome face.

"Well I can tell you're not drunk again tonight. Where are these nerves of steel coming from sweetheart?" He said in a low dangerous tone.

I shook my head. I was not about to let him intimidate me.

"Why are you here? You know I don't have whatever it is you're looking for" I said, keeping my voice calm.

He picked up the vodka and leaned against the counter, still taking large drinks.

"You do have what I'm looking for. Too bad for you though. This is going to hurt" he said in a dark tone as his eyes lit bright red.

My breath caught in my throat as I was thrown across the room and pinned to the wall by some invisible force. He was in front of me in an instant, his eyes murderous. He ripped down the collar of my shirt and pressed his palm against the raised lines of my scar. I screamed in pain as it burned my skin. It felt as if he was pushing a red hot branding iron on my chest. Tears were rolling down my face as I tried to breath through the pain. His face was focused on his hand, his eyes still lit brightly. He let go and I fell to the floor in a crying heap.

I looked up at him through my tears. Arms covering my chest, trying to cover the burning pain as it slowly passed. He crouched down in front of me and ripped my arms away from my chest. I looked quickly to see what damage he has caused. I gasped for air as I saw that my shoulder didn't look burned. In fact, the large symbols on my chest seemed to have gotten larger, smoking oddly around the edges.

He quickly stood up from his position and hissed. Baring fangs at the marking. I quickly covered myself back up, still sobbing from the pain and shock. He sent me one last murderous glare before he disappeared yet again.