Chapter One

I can't breathe.

That's the first thing I realized when I woke up from my nightmare.
I scrambled to find my inhaler, which I had thrown to the floor the night before. I quickly picked it up and used it, trying to calm myself.

I've had this nightmare many times before but never this vivid. After calming myself I took in my surroundings. Everything looked just as I left it when I went to sleep, but it didn't feel right. I had a knot in my stomach that I couldn't get rid of. I knew I was probably imagining things because of my dream but I couldn't shake the bad feeling.

I reached over to turn on my lamp but my hand met air where it should have been. Confused I turn my head and see my lamp broken on the floor. There was just enough moonlight to see that it had been knocked clear across the side of my room. I choked on a scream when I realized this was the beginning of my nightmare. Am I still asleep ?

I backed myself into the corner of my bed and pinched myself. Nope, definitely not dreaming. I already knew what to look for but I didn't want to. I didn't want this to be real. My eyes flew to my window as it slammed open and shattered to pieces. I scrambled out of bed, almost tripping on my sheets and ran out the door. My hallway was pitch black as I stumbled through it and ran into my bathroom. The only room without windows in my small apartment.

I slammed the door, turning on the light and hiding in my bathtub. This is different then my dream. Maybe if I do things differently then it'll turn out okay. I'm trying my hardest to keep my panic at bay but when the bathroom Door starts to violently rattle I have to clamp my hands over my mouth to stop myself from screaming.

He's coming. I don't know who he is or what he is, all I know is that he wants me. I let out the scream I had been holding when the door blew apart,  Pieces of wood raining over me as I covered my head. The light above me shattered, sending Glass to the floor. Then all went quiet. All I could hear was my heart beating hard and my muffled sobs.

"Julianne" I heard the faint whisper of my name.

I couldn't hold back my fear anymore as I started sobbing loudly.
My name was whispered over and over again. The voice getting angrier everytime.

"Vincenzo!" A loud booming female voiced echoed through my apartment.

Then all was quiet once again.
I don't know how long I sat there sobbing in my tub, but eventually I ran out of tears to cry.