Chapter 13 -

Chapter 13 -

WATCH THE TIME GO RIGHT OUT THE WINDOW;

Adia's bottom lip quivered with anger.

"What is the cure?" She demanded through clenched teeth.

Drew laughed. Suddenly Adia spun around and kicked her so she landed on all fours. Drew crouched as she hissed. She launched at Adia who flung a high kick accross her face. Adia was going to kill her. It all felt like minutes and every blow that struck her, she could not feel. She was angry, raged and felt immortal at that moment but Drew was a strong smart vampire. She wasn't into the fight, she got what she wanted River suffering and Adia out of control but most importantly she delayed them and had somewhere else to be. She licked blood from the corner of her mouth.

"You shouldn't be so attached to the undead" she sneered and glanced at River. "In the end it doesn't matter, he is just like me my blood runs through his veins, we can't be tamed, we can't settle and we always get what we want despite distractions in our way"

"He's nothing like you"

Drew smiled self assured before she leaped off the side of the ship. Adia's instinct was to go after her but instead she rushed towards River. He could barely move and his lips parted, his eyes white and the dark veins stretched accross his arms and beautiful face. Adia bit down on her lips and let out a hollow sob. She could not bear seeing him like that. He died once in her arms, she could not bear to relive it again. She could not bear to lose him again. She felt her body aching and not healing fast enough to her liking. He lifted his arm and his fingers wiped blood from the side of her mouth. He pressed it to his lips and sucked. He needed blood and instantly she thought of one of the cabin girls.

"I'll be back" she said and rushed inside ignoring the glaring eyes of passengers and crew. She passed a mirror mounted against the wall. Her clothes was torn to shreds, her lip swollen and bleeding. Purple marks began to appear on the side of her cheek and above her eyes where blood was forcing to come out.

"Mam, are you okay" a girl asked. Adia turned around and looked at her. She was one of the cabin crew, pretty, young. She would be perfect.

"Please come. He's hurt" she let out.

"Sure" the girl replied equally alarmed and followed Adia outside to where River sat on the deck. The girl's eyes widened. She stepped backwards and Adia grabbed her wrist wrapping her other hand around the girl's mouth.

"I will kill you if you scream, got that?"

The girl nodded and began to sob. Adia forced her down on her knees next to River. She yanked the girl's head aside ignoring her pleads.

"Drink" she commanded River trying her best to ignore the girl's sobbing as she begged to be released. River looked at Adia and shook his head. He would not drink and she could not hurt the girl. He knew that. She released her grip on the girl.

"Get away!" she screamed and sobbing the girl rushed inside.

"River" Adia called softly as she hugged him. He was her life and her life will not work without him. She pulled her hair aside forcing his lips to her neck.

He shook his head. He would not drink from her either. He opened his mouth but the words could not come out. He was being suffocated. She looked around and saw a champagne glass. She smashed it on the floor and took a piece of broken glass. Then she knelt beside him again forcing the glass to pierce the side of neck to break the skin. She cupped the back of his head in her hands and looked into his eyes. "Please" she begged and forced his lips to her wound.

At first he would not budge but was too weak to pull away and then he sucked at her. She shut her eyes to the bitter pain she was feeling and then her body tensed. It was too much pain but it was okay she told herself. If she had to die to let him live she would be okay with that. The air turned ice cold and everything around her faded to black as she felt herself falling as she sucked strong and hard.

Memories flooded River's mind, Adia's memories, her childhood, kisses from her father. Her father looking proudly at her. The jealousy she felt seeing other children with their mother's and fast forwarding to the first time she saw him in the nightclub and her broken heart when she thought she killed him. She was so broken without him.

With great force he pulled himself away from her and as his veins pulled tighter he could feel his body regaining its strength. His head shot backwards and He closed her eyes feeling her blood in his veins, the blood of someone he loved. He looked back at her. She turned pale and lay lifeless on the deck. He leaned over her and could hear a faint heartbeat ready to give up. This was what his demon side wanted to see her dying slowly after draining her blood but human side loved her too much to let her die. His life would be worthless without her. Immediatly he scooped her up in his arms.

They were on a ship in the ocean, a few miles from land. He could see the lights from afar and he knew he had to try. He could not risk what the cabin crew girl saw. He jumped off the boat and with immense strides that took all his effort he swam until he reached the docks and hurried for a hospital.