Page.4

4

~Adelaide~

I walked through the open door

to the ice cream shop and he followed in behind me. His cold hand pressed against my lower back as he walked slightly behind me towards the counter where a middle age woman stood.

"What would you like? Love Edward ask me I felt blood pool in my cheeks. He looked down at me, grabbing my hand as I was reaching for the money in my pocket

I got it love he told me , I blushed lightly.

Rainbow sherbet I said quietly.

Sweet like you love he winked before facing the woman to order. I felt my cheeks burn from the blush that was most likely flushing them and felt

Edward gently tugging on my hand a few moments later.

He smiled, leading me over to a booth where he sat opposite me.

A minute later the same woman from the counter came over and placed my ice cream on the table.

"Can I just say; that you two are adorable together." She smiled before going back to her place behind the counter. I blushed he chuckles and kissed my forehead , I started to eat .

Aren't you hungry? I ask

No I'm not thank you love I blushed , I wonder would he eat some ice cream?

I was about to ask but he asked me something before I could

"So, what's your story?" Love

I told him the details I was born with lung cancer and a heart murmur I been going to the doctor all my life, At ten I developed pneumonia in my lungs, and probably would have died if not for one of the doctors, who was able to drain the fluid from my lungs. and it hasn't happened again... yet. Edward took my hand in his own.

I felt my hand tingle as he held it. I felt it before when he grabbed my hand, He must have felt it too because he was smiling a crooked smile, I looked deep in to his golden eyes for what seemed like forever.

~ Edward ~

After dropping my mate off at her house I dropped off my car at my house and ran to Bella's house in vampire speed.

I was going to do it end thing's with her for good - I jumped in Bella's window and there she was sitting on the bed.

I walked next to her keeping a good distance away she frowned and stood up and tried to kiss me but I held her shoulders at arms length

Edward what's wrong? Bella ask with a worried look on her face

Bella I started , dropping my hands from her shoulders and running a hand in my hair

"Maybe you should sit down Bella," I suggested, gesturing to her bed, She nodded and sat , I did not join her, I paced in front of the window

Edward what ever it is we can get through it together , Bella said , There was a long pause.

Edward please tell me what's going on your scaring me what is it did someone get hurt?

No nothing like that I stopped and face her

"I think we should stop seeing each other Bella," I said quickly,

I was going for the 'rip off the plaster quickly' effect.

"No, Edward you can't do this," Bella murmured.

"I'm sorry Bella, but this time it's for good. I have to end it, it's not fair on you and I'm so sorry," I said in a low voice, not looking her in the eye.

You don't mean it, we're meant to be together. We're soul mates , she was crying now

"Blood singer doesn't mean soul mate Bella, it's over for us," I said as gently as possible.

"No," she said desperately. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. "No you can't leave me."

This is about that cancer girl isn't it? She asked

"I'm so sorry Bella, but I have to be with her," I admitted. "I never knew true happiness before her and it's not fair on you for you to keep living this lie."

"But you said you'd change me, you said you'd marry me and that you'd change me," Bella stammered, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"That was wrong," I said. "I should never have told you that.

"I'm begging you Edward," Bella cried, "Don't do this."

"I'm sorry," I said stoically, shaking my head. "I never meant for this to happen."

After I just left and ran to Adelaide's