Chapter 2

4 years ago

             Lily's POV

  I've been running for absolutely ages now. I can't even think back to when I was last happy; I can only remember the way he slashed that horrid belt of his down my already scar-filled back before lifting it back up and immediately after would make it come flying down in the exact same place. I could always hear my screams in my own ears. I wouldn't forget that easily, I just knew it. I remember the worst part of him was his eyes. Always the eyes: his glares were so intense that I always felt so ill and uncovered in front of his gaze, they could drill deep, deep holes in the back of your head. His sadistic smiles were next, always psychotic and deadly. I always had such a hard time to not just collapse on to the floor and die when he shot me those.

  It felt strange running, I used to always trip up but earlier that year I soon found a way to avoid all the sticks and stones while running. Thankfully all that tree climbing I did when I was younger with my sibling has paid off. Sibling... I would never see him again. This brought tears to my eyes but I blinked them back quickly knowing that both my mum and my brother would try to tell me to be strong. 'Don't let anything get to you.' They would say. I shook my head to dismiss those thoughts: I shouldn't be thinking about them.

I stood up from where I was sat against the giant oak tree and started endlessly walking around aimlessly- I didn't care where I went. Suddenly as I rounded the corner I was met with a deep, almost animated growling sound. Frightened, I jumped back.

 What was that? I wondered internally to myself. 

 My questions were soon answered when the growling sound came closer, 

closer, 

closer.

 And then out of the bushes it leapt. I just about managed to dive away before getting caught by its terrifying claws and sharp teeth. The creature rolled onto its back but quickly stood back up, teeth bared at me. I backed away slowly, my eyes trained on the beast. It seemed to be rather large dog... a thought dawned on me. A wolf! Taking a closer look, I could just make out a rather large gash, dark red blood rushing down from just above its ear to the very bottom of its furry face. I could see dry blood all over its body. It was in pain. And it must think that by attacking me, it would somehow feel better. But I knew that wasn't the case. 

 I slowly backed away from the wolf, arms out in front of me as if I was taming one of those animals I'd always seen on TV when the hero would do something to make an animal nobody else could touch docile.

 But that was too cliché for real life, even I knew that. 

 I bent down slowly, arms still out, trying to show I was no harm. The creature moved towards me. But it didn't let its guard down, snapping at me if I came 'too close'. Feeling a tad bit safer, I slowly moved my arms and searched through my satchel for a spare first aid kit. As soon as I found one, I slowly and cautiously walked toward the animal. For a reason unknown to me, it only walked closer to me, letting me start to apply the anti-infection cream. I rubbed it over the gash, and wiped away  the remaining blood. 

 "Come on." I spoke to the wolf, "There ought to be a river or a lake round here somewhere, you'll be able to wash yourself." As if seeming to understand my talking, the wolf rubbed its head against my hand in affection. I pat its head, took off towards the direction of the river, in what felt like a race between me and the animal. 1 V 1. 

 This was how life was meant to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! I was doin' just fine before I met you, I drink too much and that's an issue... sorry. Thats stuck in my head.

SO!! I finally updated! You happy? I haven't got too much to say but ok, goodnight xx.

Love you all, 

- Abi xx

Words: 726