Chapter 18: To Dedicate One's Life

Start from the beginning

Seyran's didn't have the elder concerns, rather, she was willing to explain herself to the angered animal that she grew accustomed to.

"Look closer" she instructed to the ball of fire flying in front of her.

Huang took a time to take its gaze off of her, as though fearing she would launch an attack the very moment it would turn its head. Eventually, it listened. Yenaigai was still seating, his eyes still holding some kind of firm determination as he was still looking straight at Seyran. His hands, though, were now kept firmly closed one in the other by his thighs. If one looked more closely, he was shaking, actually.

"Isn't he resisting the urge to do the same thing as when he was unconscious? It seems to me that he is fighting against himself."

"..."

"And loosing. It certainly won't be long, before he tries to take his life by himself again. He isn't there yet, but it's just a matter of time."

He was, indeed, shaking more and more yet at the same time still stubbornly fixing her. The kind of expression he had wasn't one of unwillingness or restlessness though. His eyes, for she saw that expression many times previously, were assuring her that he had chosen his way of dying. In wasn't in the pleasure of fighting against her like some had, but rather just plainly dying by her hands. And that itself was itching her... angering her. Let alone that they weren't on a battlefield or that he wasn't her enemy, but he just had to wish to die his own way, so intensely.

"... He wants his life to be taken by his mistress it seems to me, if the choice was left to him. Wouldn't it be crueler to deny this?" she continued, rather coldly.

She saw nothing wrong with that logic. Still, the little bird was far from sharing that kind of points of view! The wall of fire disappeared in front of Seyran and Huang's entire body, now turned to complete fire, burned with new intensity in the air.

"That's not the way!" The birdie's voice in her head sounded almost broken.

How couldn't it, Huang's heart was frenzied, unconsciously scared to be unable to stop the woman for good. This fellow, always saying 'mistress this', 'mistress that', would he go just like this? Until the end, did he really had no brain at all?! Dying his way? That was still dying! There was a monstrous fright in Huang, and its jumping heart kept shouting to it 'not again', 'you can't lose another one so easily', 'never again!'.

"You're his mistress, honor that position and take responsibility! What allowing to die? He gave up, so you just kill him?! This great bird is not allowing anyone's death today!"

Seyran's mouth twitched. Wasn't she being kind at this very moment? Nonetheless, quite calmy, she reminded the agitated little bird.

"If you keep this up, you're going to burn this whole place down and kill him yourself!"

That was when Huang realized that the room was on fire actually. Try as they might the guards still couldn't prevent the burning iron drops to inflame the wood; added to that the fact that for a time now, there was a whirling wind accompanied by a fire that was moving and randomly burning things. Quite a commotion had risen in the big room around the intact bed as the bird lost its temper. Now, shouldn't it be happy to have cultivated the whole night? Where else would it have that energy left to cause such a scene? Not that there would be much left of that if it kept going on for more minutes.

The animal was very much distressed, having obviously formed a connection with Yenaigai that it was disinclined to part with. She had maybe made a hasty decision that had perhaps been guided by a tad little anger. Things like repression of emotions or their ultimate control were after all those that she wanted to discard this time around; and if she had to be honest with herself, the amount of anger for it to have leaked so easily maybe wasn't that little.