II

"Some things are better left unsaid."
______________________________

Tear like shapes started to fall from the sky, as all the dragons gathered around Astraeus, or rather the "Milky Way." As many called it.

The King, known for the carrier of the Flame of life holsted his tail in the air, lighting up the lanterns in the Crevice.
Oblivisk, made sure all 9 Rulers have settled in their place before he stood upon the Event Horizon, a ledge of earth standing out from the Crevice.

"Dragons and Dragonesses!" He begun, his voice thundering through Astraeus. "Tonight, we gather on Astraeus as the tears of Luna, the goddess of Eternal Darkness, fall from the sky, where she and Sol binded. For Twelve Moons, we shall celebrate Sol and Lunar's Sacrifice for the creation of our land. And Tonight, marks the very first celebration, all dragons, be it by claw or wing come together. Now, dragons of Gaelax, I present to you, the Festival of the Eternal Nights!"
The crowd cheered, wings flapping, foot stopping the ground, anything that made noises as soon as the King raised his tails again, with the 9 other rulers of the other land.
__________________________________

"Dad looks really cool from here though, hasn't changed since I was young." Orion whispered to Iota, who they both met together earlier. The Princess giggled, as she sat in her cousin's fur crown, saying back, "You say this every other year, in the same spot beneath the Event Horizon."

"And you never get sick of hearing it, alright lets move away from the crowd now, before our parents find us." Iota made a small squeak of acknowledgement, hiding herself in Orions fur before letting the Prince move to a less crowded area and shimmered his scales just slightly so he could match the darkness of the Crevice.

With Orion's "invisibility", they took to the skies the hanging streets, just a further from the event Horizon, nearer to the ocean. Alot more dragons were already there but the two came prepared. They always had. A hood covering the prince's fur, while Iota still manged to sit above his head anyways, he didn't want to get her lost now.

The two had fun walking around, flying from store to store, playing games, enjoying festivities, being lost in the crowd. Eventually, when they had enough fun, Orion and Iota flew to a part of Astraeus.

There, a sort of Copse. Small enough to be called one, but yet big enough to be called a forest. Yes, its something in between, don't question the writer. Anyways, Orion knew the forest like it was the back of his head. He stepped his front foot in, Iota finally getting off him and walking on the floor. Around them were a treat for their Sight and Senses.

The million of Tungstlies floated in the air, luminating the Area, the sound of Kirkets chirping and the rustling of some- Wait. That wasn't right.

"Who's there?" Iota asked, startled at it. She looked around, as well as Orion. "Maybe that's just an animal." Orion replied, although he himself was still a little alert. Indeed, two seconds later a fox jumped into the scene, it golden eyes stared at them for a few before returning to an unseen route. "See, I told you." Orion said as he nudged Iota. "You're just being a scaredy Cat."

"Am not!"

"Yes you are!" Orion laughed as Iota hissed at him, she leaped at him and tugged at his fur, making the bigger dragon yelp. "Alright, alright, lady of liberty, lets get on with the trail." Orion said in protest, a whine coming from him. Iota jumped off him, standing proud and smiling, before returning to Orion's side and letting him lead.

They eventually came to a clearing, a glowing pond stood in the middle. In the middle of the pond however, was another small island, shaped like a feather.

On it were flowers, glowing of the very same of the pond water, although a slightly darker.

As the prince landed on the island, almost, if not all, animals of the forest gathered to witness the "ritual" that would soon occur.

It shocked Iota and Orion of course, as this wasn't the usual for the previous times he had been there.

"There is, Orion." Iota begun. "The Flower that tells of the Soulmate of any dragon, lunaris iriscus, better known as the Lunicus. Now don't keep everyone waiting." She giggled.

"Alright, here it goes then..." He had been waiting almost all his life for this, finally reaching the age of a young adult, Orion bent his head down and use his teeth to pick up the flower, holding it in his mouth. The Pond water begun to glow much brighter than it did as colours begun to 'leak' into the petals of the flower.

Something was wrong.
Something was very wrong.

"No." Iota exclaimed.

"No, it can't be." Orion whispered.

"It's Forbidden." The fox annouced, whom they seen before and whose third eye was now open. Light engulfed him and it revealed it's true form. "You know it."

"Atoq! What are you doing here?" Orion panicked, dropping the flower.

"The king sent me to guard this forest. He knew you would eventually have to pick the flower up." Atoq growled and spread his wings, taking to the skies. "Good luck."

Orion quickly scopped Iota up with his horn and let the small dragon jump in his fur, before racing up to Atoq.

"You musn't tell him-"

"I must. It will be for the safety of Gaelax and as well as Astraeus." With a flick of his mighty tail, Atoq zoomed across the Astraeus.
__________________________________

"Look at them, enjoying the festivities." Oblivisk told his Sister, Infra. She smiled. "Indeed, I believe Iota and Orion must be enjoying themselves as well." She replied, taking a sip of her drink.

"I believe so. Ah, Atoq." Oblivisk mentioned as he saw the Fox Wyvern flying over to the Event Horizon. "You seem faster than be-"

"There is no time King Oblivisk."

"Almost there... Please, don't let him know."

"What do you mean by that Atoq?"

"Your son. The flower."

"Please. Anything but him knowing...!"

"Ah, so what about it?"

"The colour... it's..."

"Father I-" Orion stared in fear as he looked up at the huge dragonic figure as he begun to turn around.

A loud thunderous voice shook Astraeus.

"YOUR SOULMATE IS A CAELUSIUS?!"