Chapter 7: The Promise

[Their rings]

Nate's pov:

"And these are our newest promise rings, sir. As you can see they are quite gorgeous and not too expensive." the cheery saleswoman chriped.

I'm at my house but I called a jewelry store which can luckily send a person to your house. I was hoping that this would take thirty minutes top. It's been two hours.

"No. I don't like any of these rings!" I sighed angrily, clutching my throbbing forehead.

The woman gave me a fake smile but the frustration was clear in her eyes. She closed the case and grabbed the last one we haven't looked through yet.

"This is our older collection of rings but still gorgeous and unique. However, these are simpler than our newer rings. Tell me if any catch your eye."

I looked through all the rings carefully. I saw a small purple one and thought Chris would like it.

"I guess this ring will-wait what is that?" I asked as I pointed out two identical rings.

"Oh! This is our couples rings! They're identical with a cute message etched on them. They're designed to look good on both men and women." she said, excited that I was actually taking an interest in the rings.

"Great! How much for both?" I asked, reaching for my wallet.

"$250 a piece, sir."

"Wow, that much for promise rings? Hmmm, I thought they'd be cheaper than that. Well, that's okay because it's not a lot of money. Here you go. Thanks for coming." I said before handing her the money.

Honestly she could have said they were $6,000 a piece and I would have said yes. I've been looking for one too long. She placed it in a little pouch and gathered her things before leaving. I sat back in the chair as I stared at the rings.

"Hmmm, forever love. I like it." I mumbled to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, babe!" Chris cheered as he hopped in my Mustang.

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. He blushed and snuggled up to my side as much as he could.

"Hello there, kitten. You look good enough to eat, which I have done before." I complimented, hinting at the incredible sex we had two nights ago.

He gasped slightly before smacking my chest. I chucked and started driving to our destination.

We're suppose to meet his parents at the new Italian restaurant in town. I'm pretty nervous to meet Chris' dad. From what I have heard, he's very protective and does not mess around.

We rode in content silence. Chris held my hand and played with his hair with the other. I noticed him checking out my mating mark on his neck quite a few times with a smile and a faint blush.

"It's almost as gorgeous as you." I said, not taking my eyes off the road.

"Oh hush!" he squeaked with a shy smile.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the restaurant. It was very cute and you could tell it was a small, family business. We walked inside and a young waiter greeted us.

"Ah, Chris and Nate! Mr. and Mrs. Johnson have already arrived and asked me to bring you to their booth. Please follow me." he said before quickly sped off.

Chris and I struggled to keep up with the man as he effortlessly dodged through many people. Do people not realize that I'm a giant of a man and I don't fit in tiny, cramp places?

The Gym Teacher's Innocent Mate (Manxboy)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara