You both laughed until you lost your balance. You bumped into each other and laughed some more. Then, with a deep, blissful breath, Michael raised his arms at his sides, smiled at the sky, and fell backward into the snow with a soft poof. You fell beside him.

Your breath billowed white and misty into the frigid air. Falling snowflakes, weightless and cold, tickled your face. The world was perfectly silent, so hushed you could hear each snowflake as it landed. No voices, no clamor of the morning commute, not even a bird's song. Just stillness and the sound of Michael's restful sighs. The silvery earth matched the hue of the sky so well, you couldn't tell where one ended and the other began.

You imagined you were in a giant snow globe, lying there beside the love of your life in a perfectly peaceful winter wonderland. You looked at Michael. He stared up at the gray sky. His dazzling brown eyes seemed even darker against the snowy backdrop. Snowflakes gathered in his long, dark eyelashes. He grinned.

You could have stayed there forever, just staring.

You breathed a happy sigh and closed your eyes, but you opened them again when you heard Michael move. You watched as he fanned his arms and legs out and brought them back in, fanned them out and brought them in.

"Snow angels!" you cried, and you flailed your limbs in the snow to make your own. Michael laughed.

When the two of you finished, you stood and admired your masterpieces.

"Beautiful," Michael said.

"Aren't they?" you said. The still-falling snow caught your attention. You put your hand out to catch the icy flakes and frowned. "But they'll be buried soon."

Michael wrapped his arms around you, swayed gently, and kissed your cheek. He whispered in your ear. "You're the only snow angel I need."

Your face reddened, but not because of the cold. You smiled up at him. "I guess that makes you my snowman."

You clutched his jacket and tugged, pulling him closer and closer. A shiver ran down your back as your lips met his. His kiss was warm, so warm and lovely and sweet that you forgot the chill in your limbs, the numbness in your toes. You felt so safe, so happy. You drew apart and smiled up at him, your breath white and misty and rising.

Michael brought his thumb to your bottom lip. "Your lips are cold."

You hugged yourself. "Everything is cold."

He rubbed his arms. "I know what you mean. Wanna go inside and warm up?"

You nodded, so the two of you made the trek back to the house, walking close together, like penguins.

When you got inside, every inch of your body seemed to sigh with relief. So warm. Michael shut the door quickly to stop the cold from flooding in, and the two of you began the long process of undressing. You yanked off your gloves first, then your hat. You unraveled your scarf, letting it fall in a heap on the floor, and tugged your snow boots off. Finally, you pulled your arms out of your coat. Michael, freed from his winter gear, took one look at you and broke into a fit of giggles.

"What?" you said. "What's so funny?" You looked and felt all around until...ugh. Your hair was a knotted mess. All that wrestling and rolling around really took its toll. Michael's hair was messy too, but somehow it still looked flawless. You sighed and headed for the bathroom. "Give me a second. I gotta take care of this."

"Take your time," Michael said. He was still giggling.

You raked a brush through your tangles, wincing and cursing under your breath. It took forever. You emerged from the bathroom, hair brushed and wet with snowmelt, more tired than you were before. You called for Michael, but he didn't answer. You looked around, but he was nowhere to be found. You walked into the living room. "Michael? Oh, there you are-"

Your mouth fell open.

Michael was seated on the couch, surrounded by blankets he likely grabbed from the bed, in front of the roaring fireplace. The room was dimly, romantically lit. The rainbow lights on the Christmas tree shone brilliantly and filled you with childlike wonder. Two mugs of hot chocolate waited on the table in front of the couch, steaming and topped with mountains of whipped cream.

Michael smiled big and bright. "Surprise!"

You took a few more steps into the room. "Michael . . . you did all this?"

"For you."

"I love you so much. You know that, right?"

Michael chuckled. "I love you more." He patted the cushion next to him. "Come on. You can pick out a movie." He turned on the TV, mounted on the wall above the fireplace.

You sat down and covered yourself with blankets. You chose (your favorite holiday film), and Michael played it, but you didn't pay much attention. You were both preoccupied with your hot chocolate. You tried to take a slow, cautious sip. It was scorching hot. You gave a little cry. Michael snickered.

"What happened?" he said. "Too hot for you?"

"It's hot as hell," you said.

"It can't be. I made it twenty minutes ago." He picked up his cup and took a sip. As soon as the cocoa touched his tongue, his eyes widened and he spluttered. When he took the cup away from his mouth, he had a whipped cream all over his upper lip. You cackled.

"You've got something right...there," you said.

"What?"

"A white, fluffy mustache. Don't worry. I'll get it." You leaned forward and kissed him. The whipped cream tasted sweet, but not as sweet as him. You pulled away and laughed. Michael looked completely caught off guard. You wiped the remaining whipped cream from your lips and licked it off your finger. "Delicious."

Michael lunged and kissed you again. Your turn to be surprised.

Long story short, neither of you paid attention to the movie.

As the credits rolled, your hand found his under the blankets, and you interlocked your fingers. You rested your head on his shoulder, and he rested his head on yours. He played with your hair as the two of you admired the tree.

"Don't you just love Christmas?" Michael said. "The lights, the love, the laughter. It's magic. Too bad it only happens once a year."

You were silent for a moment, then you smiled. You snuggled closer to him. "With you, every day is Christmas," you said.

And Michael smiled.

Hey, Moonwalkers!  I'm back after such a long hiatus.  I'm on Spring Break, so I finally got a chance to post something.  I realize it's a bit late for a Christmas-themed imagine, but there's still snow where I live, and the idea was too cute to pass up.  I have so many ideas for stories and I hope to update again soon!  Peace, MJFam.  

- DarkDaring