"I just cleared that off!" you said. "You're gonna pay for that!" You reached down and grabbed a fistful of snow.

Michael laughed and tried to run away. Silly Michael, it's impossible to run in that much snow. You hurled the snowball as hard as you could. It hit him square in the back, and he cried out and fell to the ground dramatically. He lay there in the snow, defeated.

You ran to him and stood, towering over him. "Gotcha."

Michael didn't move a muscle.

"Oh, come one, I didn't hit you that hard." Still, he didn't move.

A little worried now, you crouched down. "Michael?"

Michael's eyes shot open. He sprang up and thrust an armful of snow into your face. You shrieked and stumbled backward. Michael laughed so hard he fell onto his back. He rolled around in the snow, howling.

"Why you little!" you snarled. You pounced on him and punched his chest, which, of course, didn't hurt him because you were both covered in layers of puffy cushion. The two of you wrestled, laughed, and tried desperately to chuck snow at each another.

"Timeout!" Michael cried, but you weren't falling for that one. "Timeout, (Y/n)!" he shouted again, panting.

"You can't call a timeout! This is war!" you said.

"But you're going to be late for school!"

You plopped your padded butt in the snow and blew hair out of your face. "They're crazy if they think I'm driving in this weather."

Michael's eyes widened. "You mean you're not going?"

"Heck no! I have a snowball fight to win!" you said, already standing and packing another snowball.

"Yes!" Michael shouted. He scrambled to his feet and tackled you. He lifted you off your feet and spun you in the air.

Yep. Definitely the right choice.

He set you down, brushed himself off, and put on a serious expression, but you could still see a twinkle in his eye. "No more hugging," he said. "From now on, we're enemies."

You smirked. "Bring it on."

The two of you rushed to opposite sides of the lawn and built high walls and dug deep trenches in the snow to protect yourselves from each other's attacks. You went to work making as many snowballs as you could, and in minutes you had a pile of ammunition at your side. You grabbed a snowball.

"Fire!" you shouted. You launched it towards Michael's fort and he screamed. You peeked over your snow wall and watched it hit, and when it did you made an explosion noise.

Michael chucked a snowball at your fort. You gasped. It was going fast. You ducked just in time, and the remains of his snowball rained down on you.

The two of you chucked snowballs until you thought your arms would fall off. After the two of you had been at war for a half an hour, you collapsed in the snow, breathing hard. In the silence, you could hear Michael panting from across the lawn.

"I surrender!" Michael said.

You sat up and peeked over your snow wall. He was waving his scarf in the air in submission.

You stood and thrust your fists to the sky. "Victory!"

Michael abandoned his fort and met you in the middle of the 'battlefield.' He rubbed his sore arm. "I only let you win, because, you know, I got tired."

"Sure, you did," you said, pinching his arm.

He chuckled and offered you his hand. "Truce?"

You shook firmly. "Truce."