Friends and Thoughts - The 4th Chapter

Start from the beginning

I laughed humorlessly and he looked at me dumbfounded. "Your actually waiting for me? For what? Yeah, we are friends. But as far as I know you, you have a big appetite that can't wait. And besides, you rarely go to lunch with me. You only go to my table when you need something from me." I cocked an eyebrow at him. "Now tell me. Who, Are, You, Waiting, For?"

"I'm serious! I was waiting for you!" His tone of voice was slightly pissed. He scratched his head and stared at somewhere else. I didn't want to look to where that somewhere else was because I wasn't the nosy type of girl you know. And well, he was waiting for me. But now that I'm here, it doesn't seem like it. "Never mind, just go ahead." He hung his head low.

"Okay, buddy." He cringed when I said buddy. He hadn't made any eye contact with me yet, what's gotten into him? Well, he seemed normal a little why ago, what happened now? "I'm heading off!" I waved at his face and smiled. Hey, I'm just trying to lighten up the mood.

I then went off without him to the cafeteria. I didn't looked back, I didn't want to. We are friends but, it doesn't mean I should touch and know everything in his life. It's still his life and I know I should respect his decision not to tell me. I would feel better if he did though, but I guess it seems tough for him.

Besides, I just met him a few days ago. My encounter with him was just a coincidence. Or was it fate? No, it's a coincidence. I still eat lunch by myself and we only talk when I put things inside my locker -Because my locker was beside his. But still, I don't know if I should trust him. If I should be really friends with him. I feel guilt and regret at the same time.

Jeff might be a good guy, but he's still an arrogant jerk at a times. Since I have a patience like a bull, well not literally. I could bear him even if his like that. Although I want him to change, it's just in his nature I think. And I clearly accept that side of his.

We're just friends after all, we're not close or something more above that. We're just friends, and I'm happy about that.

~At the Cafeteria~

I sighed as I watched the lunch lady put some, I don't know, at my tray of food. Well that's a usual thing, the lunch lady doesn't give me real food. That's why when I get home, I'm a pig. I eat whatever I see at the dining table. I only eat a few of this -I know it sounds harsh but- junk, or garbage food. It's like I'm their trash for this.

After getting all the thing your supposed to call food, which is not. I went to my table. And by my table, I mean I eat alone in an isolated place where everybody stares at. Well, just passing by the way, people are already staring at me. And since I'm used to that ever since, I just ignore it or smile at them. Which makes them at unease or annoyed with it, now that I like.

I sat and placed this thing called food on the table. I ate silently and tried to chew this thing. That's when my peaceful lunch was disturbed. Out of all times and places to pick, WHY LUNCH?! Can't I just have this time for myself just now? It's tiring with all the unreal work.

"Mind if I eat lunch with you?" I looked up to see that it was Ben, with some dude I saw once who called him, its, its, um, Phantom! I nodded, but smiled. The words won't come out, yeah, screw that.

With some few moments of silence, I broke it. Yeah, I'm partially a hypocrite. Well don't blame me, and don't judge! Hey, that's really rude and mean! Why? All of us are hypocrites too! You know what I mean! You judge a person that his doing this and that, but deep down inside your doing it too! Now tell me your not a hypocrite!

I coughed as an excuse. "Why would you have lunch with me?" I asked. They stopped eating and stared at me. "Sorry for disturbing?" I mumbled.

Ben shook his head. "No, it's fine. It's just that, urm.. Even though there's no more seats available. I was thinking that, you know. We could get to know each other..?" It seemed more like a question though, but I stared at him, dumbfounded.