"Hmm, Lucas" I guess playfully.

"What?" he asks with a chuckle.

"I'm kidding" I giggle, turning around to face him. "Hi" I smile brightly.

"Hey gorgeous" he greets me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "How's your day going sweetheart?" he asks curiously.

"It sucks without you" I admit with a sigh. "But how was your studio time this morning?" I ask, slipping back into supportive girlfriend mode.

"Eh" he shrugs. "It was alright."

I chuckle, quirking an eyebrow at him. "Yea okay. I'm gonna go get some food and then over lunch you can tell me how it really was without lying to make me feel better."

His face suddenly falls and my heart follows suit as I dread the words about to spill from his lips. "Maya you know I'd love to get lunch with you but-."

"You're busy?" I ask expectantly. "What is it this time?" I question, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't be like that" he pleads. "You know that meetings are an important part of the process. Getting signed is a big deal Maya. It means record deals and promotions, a tour" he exclaims. "That takes a lot of planning."

"No I know" I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "I just miss you."

"I miss you too" he smiles, leaning down to peck my lips. "I'll see you tonight."

"Okay" I concede since I really couldn't argue and make him stay. "I love you."

"I love you too Penelope" he says sweetly, giving me one last peck before turning around and walking away from me.

*************************************************************************************

"Do you think I'm selfish?" I ask my dad later that night while I'm lying on my bed waiting for Josh to come back to campus. He left for his meeting at noon and eight hours later he still wasn't back.

"Kiddo I think it's an impossible situation" he sighs. "But I don't think it's fair that you'd have to give up a chance at your dream to follow him."

"But I mean there are professional dance companies in other states."

"Yes there are but what are you going to do? Get a contract with a company and then tell them that for more than six months out of the year you'll be unavailable to work because you're touring with your boyfriend."

"I love him dad. Love doesn't come around that often" I cry in frustration.

"Neither does an opportunity like the one you have at your school kiddo. If Josh wants to leave MSA and pursue his dream then that's understandable but it's also understandable that you're a strong, independent young woman who isn't going to put her dreams on hold for a man."

I chuckle, wiping at my eyes. "You make me sound so progressive."

"Well your generation is progressive. Maya, I've seen the way Josh looks at you. I didn't like him at first but it's clear that he loves you. He'd never ask you to give up your dream and he'd never break up with you to pursue his."

"But touring" I sigh. "Shit happens dad. Long nights, alcohol, scantily dressed women-."

"Kiddo I can't promise he won't step out on you but I know that the young man that I meet, he would be man enough to break up with you rather than cheat."

A knock sounds on my door but before I can stand up Josh walks in and I sit up abruptly, wiping furiously at my eyes. "Uh daddy I gotta go. I'll call you later. Love you" I ramble before hanging up and flinging my phone onto the bed. "Hi" I breathe out.

"Sorry. They wanted to take us out to dinner after the meeting and I tried to get out of it but then I just earned myself an earful from Bridget."

"It's fine" I shrug but he shakes his head as he takes a seat beside me.

"It's not fine. I've blown you off all day and I'm sorry. What were you talking to your dad about? Are you okay?"

"Just voicing my concerns about half-naked women and your lowered inhibitions" I reply making him chuckle as he scoots closer and caresses my cheek.

"The only woman I want to see naked is you sweetheart. You know I'd never cheat on you; not after everything you told me about your dad. I could never do that to you."

I smile, leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss to his lips. "That's what my dad said" I admit as we pull apart.

"Wait, does he actually like me now?" he asks in disbelief making me giggle.

"Mhm. It seems that you've won him over as long as the aforementioned scantily clad women stay out of your bed."

"What about you scantily clothed in my bed. How do you think your dad would like that?"

"Um I have a feeling that he may like that only slightly more but if you knock me up we're both screwed" I tease.

"Someday" he smiles. "Little mini ballerinas."

"And mini rock stars. Our poor ears" I laugh. "We're gonna have to invest in some ear plugs."

"As many as money can buy" he agrees with a chuckle as he rubs his thumb across my cheek. "It'll be perfect."

"I don't know about perfect but it'll be our own little version" I reply gazing lovingly into his eyes. "I love you Josh and I look forward to being the only scantily clad woman in your bed for the rest of our lives."

"I love you too you goof" he smiles, leaning forward to peck my lips. "And you know, my bed is just down the hall."

"Oh is it? You know, if you're going to be a rock star you're gonna have to up your game babe" I tease as he stands up and holds his hand out to me.

"Why?" he questions. "I already got my girl" he argues making my heart flutter as I take his hand and allow him to pull me up. "I'm out of the game sweetheart. I'm all yours."

"Hm" I hum, "maybe you're not as bad at sweet talking as I thought" I add, reaching up to kiss him. "Come on, let's go" I insist, allowing him to pull me out of my room and toward his own.