When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x reader) Pt31.

-------------------------------Jake P.O.V.-------------------------------

It was almost dark again, they'd probably be on the move again soon. We were running out of time.

Jake: "Goddammit, can't this damn thing go any faster?"
Me and my big mouth. Not two seconds later, the engine started dying.

Alex: "Screw this, we gotta run it."
I threw the door open and ran like my life depended on it. I don't even remember if Alex was behind me. I just kept repeating the same thing over and over in my head: 'Not (Y/N), I'm not gonna lose her.'
-------------------------------Your P.O.V.-------------------------------
(Y/N): "You're lying. I don't believe you for a second."

Devin: "Believe it, angel. I have NO reason to lie to you anymore, nothin' to lose. She was lying to you the whole time. Your mother, things she said about your father, everything. Well, almost everything."
That caught my attention.

(Y/N): "What do you mean 'almost' everything?"
He dropped to my eye-level.

Devin: "Got a heavy hit for ya' sweetheart. Stasia? She really IS your sister."
My eyes went wide, and my shoulders dropped. Even after all this, that was the one thing she was honest about.

(Y/N): "No. No, that's not possible. My own SISTER wouldn't do this to me."

Devin: "Believe it or don't, doesn't matter to me. Now we're just waiting on your little bodyguard to show up. There's no way he's gonna follow the note. Which is why we need to get moving, tonight."

(Y/N): "Moving? Moving where? The South American base is just a wreck now."

Devin: "Who said anything about a new base?"
-------------------------------Jake P.O.V.-------------------------------
I could see the factory, after running for almost 20 minutes.

Alex: "JAKE! SNIPER!"
I turned in time to dodge the bullet. We ran for cover behind a beat up wall. That's when I noticed another sniper on the building in front of us. Then I saw a red dot on Alex's head.

Jake: "ALEX, MOVE!"
I went to push him out of the way, when I heard the gun fire...Alex's head snapped back against the wall. His face went blank. I should've moved faster. I had to run, I was so close to the building. I shot the sniper and got Alex onto his back. For the first time since my mother, I sobbed. He was like my brother. And now here he is, dead on the ground.

Jake: "I'm sorry. This is my fault. I'll get them for this. Them, and whoever started this by taking (Y/N). I'll kill 'em myself."
I pulled out a flash grenade and pulled the pin, tossing it past the wall. When that flash went off I ran as fast as I could.
-------------------------------Your P.O.V.-------------------------------
The next thing I knew, I could hear pounding on the door. When it fell, my heart felt like it skipped a beat. But I knew...It was a trap.

Jake: "(Y/N)!"

(Y/N): "JAKE!"

Jake: "Hold still."
He aimed at the chains and shot them off, farther down on the one on my neck. I could hardly stand.

Jake: "C'mon, I'm getting you outta here."

(Y/N): "Jake. Jake, no. plea-"

Jake: "No fighting me, we're going."

(Y/N): "Jake, listen to me. Beth and Derek are the Thompsons!"

Jake: "What?"

(Y/N): "They used me as bait. Jake, you just walked right into their trap."