Sent you a pic.

Oh... um... okay. Is it your family history book or something like that?

That's what I wanna find out. But grandma specifically told me not to open it. 

Then it's best if you respect her wishes.

Yeah. But I'm getting this weird feeling. I think I should open it.

What'd your parents say?

My mom knows nothing about it and my dad was too busy with the funeral arrangements and documents so I couldn't ask anyone else. My aunt is too hard to console and my cousins are all playing outside.

Oh. Okay... wow. Um, I think it's best to keep it aside for now. How about we take care of it after the everything settles down.

Okay... but... my hand is itching to open it.

Nancy, if your grand mother told you not to open it, I think it's best if you respect her wishes.

I do. I really do respect her wish but I just can't help it.

Okay. Fine. Just stay put. I'll be there in another hour or two at most.

Okay. See you.

***

Yeah?

Where are you?

I'm still forty miles away.

I opened it.

What?

The book. I opened it. I shouldn't have though.

Um... I think you shouldn't have.

But now that you opened it anyway, what's inside?

I called you immediately once I opened it. Gotta read.

Um....

The first page has my mother's family name on it.

Okay. And then?

Hello?

It's blank.

What?

The entire book is empty. 

The pages are thick and they look old, but they have nothing written or printed on them. The book is empty. 

Okay... That's weird. If it's empty, why did you grandmother ask you not to open it? Surely there must be a rea-

Oh my god!

What?

Wait a minute.

What happened?

Just... stay.

Huh?

Just give me a minute. I'll be back.

Okay.

Hello?

Yeah, what happened?

Okay... I'll tell you something and it's totally frightening and weird, but it's soo cool.

Huh?

A minute ago, when I was talking to you, I heard my cousin sing and though about how my aunt used to teach me piano, and immediately... okay... this is going to sound insane but you gotta believe me, alright?

Oh. Okay. Fine. I'll believe you. What is it?

When I thought about my aunt, stuff about her suddenly appeared in the book.