Chapter 8: Emotions

Start from the beginning

The voice was familiar. I then looked back at the person as I was shocked to see who I bumped into. He sat up to meet me and said,

“Hey.”

I was speechless. I was in complete shock. The person who I bumped into was Sebastian. His dark eyes were welcoming and kind. His shaggy black hair feel perfectly over his eyes. He then stood and dusted himself off and then handed me his hand.

“Lia you alright?” said Nathan from the door of the entrance of the school.

He was breathing heavily as he then looked from me to Sebastian. Nathan had a strange looked on his face as I then looked back at Sebastian who still handed his hand toward me. As much as I wanted to take it I couldn't. Not with Nathan standing right in front of me and him. I stood on my own and dusted myself off.

“Sorry.” I said as I walked over to my violin that sat just a few feet away from me.

I walked up to it and picked it up and then passed by Sebastian with the most embarrassment and sadness. Nathan still stood glaring at Sebastian as I yelled out,

“Hurry! We're leaving!”

Nathan took two steps forward where he then turned away from him and ran toward me. I looked back at Sebastian who looked back at me and smiled, but a smile of sadness. I'm sorry, I kept thinking to myself. I wanted to say something more to him, but the agony from Nathan and the hypocrite I didn't want to be was killing me.

As we were blocks away from school I was ready to cry. I hugged my violin again as Nathan then said breaking the silence,

“Who was that?”

“No one.” I said too quickly.

That was a big mistake.

“That wasn't just no one.”

“Then why are you asking?” I said as he then pulled my arm and pulled my close to him to face him.

“He's a vampire. You know him don't you.”

I looked away from him. I couldn't look at him. His piercing green eyes were painful to look at especially when he was mad. I felt like he was hurting me just by staring at me the way he did.

“So what if I do. Your point!”

He then let go of me and pushed me aside with his shoulder.

“What the hell is your problem!?” I yelled out.

As he then stopped and turned around to face me. That was another mistake I shouldn't have done.

“My problem!? You want to know my problem!?”

“Yea your problem. Ever since you got here you've been making my life nothing more than a living hell. Your nothing more than a nuisance! A pain in my ass!”

He walked up to me with anger in his eyes. But I knew mine were harsher. He hadn't seen the things I have, he had no reason to hate.

“My so called issue that you call problem is that ever since I got here I've been wasting my time on a silly little '”know it all” brat who thinks she owns the world and haven't learned a damn single thing! That's my problem! You happy now!!”

I brought my violin case to my side and began to walk away from him the opposite direction.

“Where do you think your going?!”

“Wherever the hell I feel like it!”

“See that's what I'm talking about you being a damn spoiled brat!!” he yelled out as I clenched my fists tightly and then turned back to Nathan with tears in my eyes.