THREE♥︎THE BARRENS

CHAPTER THREE
♥︎♥︎♥︎
ALEXA

"So w-we're m-meeting at the b-barrens later" Bill said to me as he walked me home. Bill was walking with his bike in hand, while alexa held onto her skateboard with her good hand. they lived on the same street. "the s-sewers b-by the w-way" he added.

"i know" alexa said softly as she tucked a piece of her short hair behind her ear. the rest of the walk was pretty much silent until they reached the first destination, alexa's house.

"if you w-want to c-c-come, we're g-going at f-four" he said as he awkwardly stood on the path leading up to the house. alexa nodded. "i'll be there, alright?" she said with a wide smile.

her smile made bill smile even wider.

"do i have to bring anything?" she asked him as she turned herself around. "y-yeah maybe j-just a fla-flashlight" he said as alexa took out the key to her door. alexa nodded. "well, i'll see ya later billy" she said as she unlocked her house door and stood at the doorway. she left her skateboard on the porch.

"b-bye alexa" bill waved. alexa waved back before closing the door. she walked inside and placed her stuff on the kitchen table before heading upstairs to her brothers room

— —

"do you have a flashlight i can borrow?" alexa asked her brother as she barged into his room. he was playing on the latest nintendo. "hey you, out of my room" noah demanded with a snap of his fingers.

"make me twerp" she said as she started going through his things. noah didn't even bother. she was stronger than him anyways. she found a flashlight and even some survival tools.

she secretly snuck most of the tools out with her. "thanks for the light" alexa said as she walked out of his room and entered her own. she took the tools and hid it in the back of her dresser.

she looked around and got out one of her small backpacks. she put her flashlight in there and then put some water and her inhaler. she usually didn't need it. she also had a stash of money she had been saving and some extra tools like a pocket knife, just in case.

she put on a bandana that matched her shirt before heading out. "i'm going to the arcade mom. i'll be home by 6" she yelled out before leaving.

— —

it was still quite early when Alexa left her house. it was only 3:15 when she had made it to the arcade. she looked around. "... might as well" she muttered to herself as she got some change and began playing games like 'street fighter' and 'defender'.

after a while, she looked at the time which read 4:25. "fuck-" she muttered to herself before gathering up her things and running out.

she ran to the barrens

— —

"that's poison ivy and that's poison ivy... and that's poison ivy..." alexa heard as she ran through the woods. she finally made it to where the voices were heard. "sorry i'm late" alexa sighed out as she saw the boys look at her. "i-i-it's okay" bill said as he walked into the sewers alongside Richie.

"do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" richie asked eddie. this wasn't gonna end up good.
"yeah sometimes. why?" eddie asked as if he didn't see what was coming. "then you probably have crabs" richie said as alexa bursted out laughing.

the boys looked at her. "sorry, he's funny" alexa said while still laughing a little. "that's so not funny" eddie added. alexa was gonna have to get used to his stupid jokes. 

alexa scrunched up her nose due to the smell. "you coming?" richie asked eddie, alexa and stanley. "no way" alexa said. eddie and stan shook their heads.

"that's gray water" eddie said with disgust. "what the fuck is gray water?" richie and alexa said at the same time. the two looked at each other and laughed before looking back at eddie for the answer.

"it's basically... piss and shit so i'm just telling you now.." he said as he looked around. "eww richie, bill. you guys are walking in millions of gallons of derry pee" alexa said with an awkward laugh. she felt disgusting. richie picked up a stick and began to sniff it while alexa looked away, grossed out that he even touched the stick. "doesn't smell like caca to me señor" richie said with a raspy voice. alexa laughed a little while still looking away. "you can get a staph infection!" eddie told richie while still disgusted by his friends.

"oh i'll show you a staff infection" richie said as he picked up a stick and then threw some guck at eddie. eddie yelled out as he moved out of the way so that he wouldn't get hit

bill was flashing around with his light when he saw a shoe. he picked it up. "don't tell me that's-" stanley said as his voice cracked. "no... g-georgie wore galoshes." bill said as he shined his flashlight inside the shoe.

"that's betty rimpsoms shoe" alexa muttered with a small feeling in her gut. she felt scared. what if she goes missing too?

"t-that's crazy" alexa muttered. "imagine how betty feels. running around these tunnels with only one freaking shoe" richie joked as he hopped on one leg.

bill gave him a glare. richie looked away

"w-we have t-to go in d-deeper. i-if i were betty
r-rimpsom, i'd want s-s-someone looking f-for me" bill said as he started to walker further in.

"no!" stanley said out loud. everyone turned their attention to him. bill stopped. stan looked nervous. "it's summer, we're supposed to be out having fun. this isn't fun!" he said. he sounded scared.

"yeah bill. i don't want to go missing-" eddie stopped himself. "i don't want to get hurt" he said with a serious tone. "i'm sorry" he added.

bill then looked at alexa. she shrugged. "i mean, i don't know billy-" alexa was interrupted by a crashing noise.

— —

the group walked out of the sewers and turned their attention to a boy that was bleeding from his stomach. he had fallen over on of the rocks and made a lot of noise. "holy shit what happened to you?" richie asked as he looked over at the kid, which reminded her of when she and the boys first met.

— —

-unedited
posted 3/21/18