At the beginning...

It is March 14th, White Day, the day of gifts, love, and loneliness for some. "Some" meaning me, but there are also some positives to this day. . .well none except for one big event for sure! It was the day I first met Mitsukuni Haninozuka or Hunny-senpai for short. We were in 2nd grade together and spent alot of time eating cakes and candy when Mori-senpai wasn't watching. But, the first day that we met changed the way i thought of everything especially sweets and that included Hunny-senpai. I yet again had moved to another private preschool, with all the rich, stuck-up kids ordering there personal maids around as they play in the sandbox and gossip of the new-kids like me "barging" into "their" territory. Well, I had just about enough of these snooty schools, in fact I begged my mother to enroll me in a normal, public school but she just spit at the idea. Thus, I had yet again been prepped for my new and "exciting" school year. But, it was nothing like how i had expected it to be.

It was only 5 minutes into school that I had pinned down a student. The reason: he touched my pink bunny. I was just walking towards the door, when a brownish-blonde haired boy ran past me and brushed by my bun bun. No one had ever EVER touched her, and so my anger overcame my protective wall, flipping the little boy over to his back. I held him down and looked straight into his boyish, blue eyes. They filled with tears quickly and suddenly I felt a jolt of pain run through my heart. What is happening? All of a sudden, I didn't want to hurt him anymore, in fact, I didn't want to hurt anyone anymore. I stood up slowly and before I knew it, I was reaching down for his hand. He accepted it and as soon as he got up, he smiled at me! Why was he smiling?? I just pushed him on the ground because he touched my bun bun! I saw this and thought I should say sorry, instead, I ran away. It was soon lunch time and it was warm enough to eat outside so we did. I sat on the swingset, my tummy rumbling so loud that it attracted attention from kids from fifteen feet away. No one would look at me, let alone speak to me because of the scene I made this morning. I looked down at my feet and closed my eyes. I was sooo hungry! "I'm so dumb for forgetting to take my lunch," I thought. Suddenly, I heard someone sit down on the swing next to me. I looked up with tears filling my eyes. He grinned at me and handed me a tiny cake with a strawberry on top. "Nobody should ever go on in the day without eating!" he exclaimed. I slowly reached for the cake, waiting for him to snatch it away and leave, but he didn't. "Thank you," I said between the oncoming hiccups.

From then on, he and Mori-senpai were the only friends I had, atleast until the Ouran Host Club was formed. Then, I made more friends who were girls and even made friends with the members of the host club. Once, when I was talking to the first group of the second week of the creation of the club, I heard a girl say that she was going to confess her love to Tamaki. I know he's the "king" and all but one shouldn't be throwing her feelings out there all willy nilly! I tried to warn her but she said she should atleast try. "Haven't you ever liked anyone in a way you just couldn't hold back your feelings before?" she asked me. Her question stunned me for a moment and left me speechless. My silence progressed until she finally said, "Don't you like Hunny-senpai?" I felt my face get hot. I have never thought of Hunny in that way!...Have I? I pondered on this question until the girls got hearts in their eyes and squealed like mice. "Watcha girls talking about over here?" Hunny questioned. My heart jumped and I stood up. "Oh um just about the guys, ha you know us girls." I said. "Oh okay, I just wanted to remind you girls about the Valentine's Day Ball we're holding." Hunny explained, " It'll be so much fun!!!" All the girls yelled out statements such as, "Of course!", "Anything for you, senpai!", and "Will you go with me?!" The girl who said the last statement surprised me. "We're having a contest to see which lucky girl will be going with any of us in the Ouran Host Club," Hunny answered with joy. All the girls squealed again. Hunny took one look at me and said, "You should enter, Hanna-chan, it would be cool if you were my date!" Hunny exclaimed. I froze in my thoughts and my cheeks turned a bright red, so I looked away. "Dontcha think?" he asked. I nodded my head with my back still turned and he skipped away. I sighed. When I turned back around all eyes were on me and they all squealed at our tiny scene. I rolled my eyes and sat down to eat more cake.

The next day, all of the girls were told that the contest was whoever made the best candied heart box for the member of their choice would have them as their date to the ball. Each member judges their received candies, but the sender would have to be anonymous. Basically, each girl has to give the member it by leaving it in the member's locker, desk, etc. Every girl jumped at the chance and became VERY competitive. Trust me I know. Of course, I entered the contest only because I couldn't say no to Hunny. Since it is me we're talking about, I got competitive as well. Not for the date, but for myself because I hated the feeling of losing to some squealing, smitten girl. I seriously underestimated them. Those girls were like athletes at the Olympics! I mean, I was walking down the hall and all of a sudden there's a mob of chicks marching down the hall with fire in their eyes! On the other end of the hall, there was a another group with the same look in their eyes! It was like the gang showdowns you see in movies! Unfortunately, I was in the middle of the hallway when they began to charge at each other! I made a run for it, but missed by a second. Everyone bumped into each other and I got the most injured, how unlucky of me. Anyway, I really did sprain my ankle while trying to maneuver my way into the next hall over. So, I trudged to the clinic and got bandaged up. I sat on the clinic bed, thinking if I really would think of Hunny in "that way". Suddenly, the door swung open. "HANNA-CHAN, ARE YOU OK?!?" cried Hunny. My mind was rattled at Hunny's reaction to my tiny injury. "I only sprained my ankle, it's alright, nothing bad." I replied. "Will you be ok for the ball? What if you don't get to be my date??" Hunny questioned. I felt my face flush again, and so I looked away. Why would he care? I thought we were just really great friends...