In less than a second, Luke opened up his door. His black hair was messy, his eyes and nose puffy and red.

"Police? What did I- Oh. It's you." Luke went to slam the door, but I put my foot between it.  

"I brought food." 

Luke lay down on his bed. "I'm not hungry." 

"Wow, you must really be out of it." I said, walking in his room. Clothes were scattered all over the floor. Garbage littered the tables and couch. I scrunched my nose in disgust.

"I heard about Naomi." I put the tray down on his bedside table. I sat at the edge of Luke's bed, and rubbed his back soothingly.  

"I asked her out." 

My eyes widened. "You did?"

He nodded solemnly. "She said yes. We were going to meet at the mall tonight." 

Tears filled his blue eyes. I sniffled back some tears myself. 

"It'll be alright." I assured. "Are you going to the funeral?" 

He shook his head. "That would be too painful." 

"School?" I probed.  

He shook his head again.  

I got up. "I'll see you after school. I hope you feel better." 

He gave a small smile and I retreated from his room. I closed the door quietly.

That serial killer was starting to get to me. He just killed my brother's crush! But little did I know that I'd be the next victim  

***Page Break 13S-AB/13S-AB/13S-AB Page Break***

The shadowy figure loomed over the computer. His mission was a feat. The young teen had successfully stayed under the water long enough to die. He smirked to himself.

Now to find another victim... 

He strolled back inside the bedroom. On all fours, he pulled out a book from underneath the bed. A St.Louis Public Hugh School yearbook.

He flipped through the pages, searching for a girl who will meet his expectations. Mid-flip, his eyes landed on a beautiful girl.  

Truly gorgeous; bright, red velvet hair. Emerald green eyes. Amazing white smile.

The shadowy figure read the small passage beneath the picture: 

ALLISON JEPSON  

Age: 16 

Grade: 11 

Activities: Gymnastics, Soccer, Badminton, Basketball.  

He smirked. This was her.

**********

Done! (: Next chapter to come!

~ Emily