Chapter 36 - The Mass Murderer

Start from the beginning

 "I'm sorry, but they don't trust you." Scott said to the twins. "And neither do I,"

 Scott walked past them, Stiles placing his hand on the small of my back to usher me inside behind Scott. What they said to me about Brittany was still fresh in my mind, but I can't think about that. We already have enough to deal with.

 Such as the roll of toilet paper being thrown at my head.

 "Hey yo, watch it!" Stiles called out, pointing at the person who'd thrown it. 

 There's nothing like being hit in the face with the same stuff people use to wipe their butts when you first walk into school. But, that's just the after affects of Mischief Night at Beacon Hills High. I'm sure the worst is still yet to come.

 "Dude, good decision," Stiles said, patting Scott's shoulder. "Good Alpha decision,"

 "I hope so," said Scott. 

 "No, you know so," said Stiles.

 We arrived at his locker and he unlocked it with ease, flinging the door open and shoving things from his backpack inside. As he did so I noticed Scott's heartbeat beginning to pick up as he stared at something, or someone, behind Stiles and I. I turned my head to see Kira putting things into her own locker. I looked back at Scott with a smirk on my face.

 "Are you looking at her?" I asked him, jerking my head back towards Kira.

 "Her? Who her?" Scott asked.

 I rolled my eyes. "Kira," I stated. "You like her don't you?"

 "No," he said, a little too quickly. "I mean, uh yeah, yeah she's okay...she's new,"

 "So," I pressed. "Ask her out,"

 "Now?" He asked.

 I rolled my eyes again, groaning. "Yes, Scott, now. Trust me, girls like it when the guy makes the first move. It just makes everything easier,"

 Stiles glanced at me from the corner of his eye, raising his eyebrows. Hopefully that was a sign that he was taking the hint I was dropping him, since I was dropping it pretty obviously. Scott didn't seem to notice, though, since he was staring off with a blank expression on his face.

 "Look, Scott," said Stiles, slamming his locker door shut and walking in between Scott and I down the hallway. "You're an alpha, okay? You are the apex predator. Everyone wants you, ya know? You're like the hot girl that every guy wants,"

 I cocked an eyebrow at him as we stopped walking.

 He turned to me with an innocent smile on his face. "Hypothetically speaking, of course,"

 I just snickered and shook my head at him.

 "The hot girl?" Scott asked as Isaac walked up to us, a confused look on his face.

 "You are the hottest girl," said Stiles, nodding at Scott before grabbing my hand and leading us off.

 "I'm the hot girl," I heard Scott say from behind us.

 "Yes you are," agreed Isaac.

 I smiled, shaking my head again. This is really the kind of world I live in. A world with werewolves and dark druids and Scott "The Hot Girl" McCall. This is my life. And, as Stiles tells off another person for ramming into me as they run down the hall with a carton of eggs in their hand, I know that I wouldn't have it any other way.

  ✞ 

 I sat behind Stiles, as usual, in our Economics class. I know he's been waiting for this class all day because Finstock teaches it, and Stiles wants to see his reaction to the prank he pulled last night. He refuses to tell me exactly what it is, but Scott said it was probably one of the best Beacon Hills High has ever seen. I wouldn't doubt it either, knowing my boyfriend.