🍱 PERIOD ONE!

SET SCENE !CHEONG HAEJUN'S FIRST PERIOD CALCULUS CLASS

SET SCENE !
CHEONG HAEJUN'S FIRST
PERIOD CALCULUS CLASS.

HAEJUN is seated two seats from the teacher's desk, sneakily eating out of the bento box placed on his lap. His first day back to class and he's already reverting to his habits, including, but not limited to, eating snacks in the middle of class.

It's approximately 9:43 and there's four minutes till the bell and maybe this time HAEJUN will be able to get away with it. His mouth is watering, thinking about the bunny-shaped spam masubi at the bottom of his box-

MR. CHAE: mr. cheong, I hope that you're aware that eating in class is strictly prohibited.

HAEJUN blinks dumbly, looking up at his teacher who had suddenly materialized out of nowhere, his mouth hanging open. He swallows the food in his mouth and manages a cute smile.

HAEJUN: i'm sorry, mr. chae, i skipped breakfast to get to your class on time.

MR. CHAE, unimpressed, simply glares at him.

MR. CHAE: you were fifteen minutes late to first period today, mr. cheong, with half a kimchi roll in your mouth.

Snickers resound about the classroom as HAEJUN turns a bit red.

HAEJUN: [EMBARRASSED] y-you see, sir-

MR. CHAE: would you like to come in after school to further discuss the school rules, mr. cheong, or are you going to put that away?

HAEJUN: ... i'll put it away, sir.

MR. CHAE: good.

HAEJUN puts his bento away with cheeks burning, but not before grabbing some chips from his bag, careful not to let the bag cause too much noise. As he does, though, he hears soft chuckles come from the neighboring desk.

He looks up to see KIM TAEHYUNG, who's busied himself with a rather thick-looking book and smiling to himself at HAEJUN's own demise. Students aren't supposed to be doing other work during class either, just like how eating is prohibited, but KIM TAEHYUNG, of course, will never get reprimanded in such a way because 1) books are considerably less conspicuous and/or suspicious and 2) TAEHYUNG's top ten, and the top ten kids always get away with whatever they want.

Plus, most teachers are scared of him, anyhow.

TAEHYUNG spares a glance at HAEJUN, and even the way he looks at him makes him feel lesser of himself. He notices something behind him, eyes wide, and TAEHYUNG jerks his head to the side, glancing at something quickly before turning back to his book. Quickly, HAEJUN shoves the chips deeper into his bag and pretends to be engrossed in an assignment right as MR. CHAE passes by his desk.

TAEHYUNG's eyes flicker from the teacher to a relieved HAEJUN, smirking and leaning over to get closer to him.

TAEHYUNG: [WHISPERING] be a little more observant next time, sweetheart.

HAEJUN'S not sure if he's blushing from the embarrassing situation or the pet name, and honestly speaking he's too shaken up for either. Quietly, he returns to his calculus and tries to forget the bento and TAEHYUNG's smug grin.

 Quietly, he returns to his calculus and tries to forget the bento and TAEHYUNG's smug grin

ROLL CALL !

HAEJUN CHEONG, SECOND YEAR
CONGRATULATIONS, LYS !

PA SYSTEM !

eyo it's the first character reveal! some people
suggested that i post it so i did oof i hope you
you like him as much as I do !! haejun's a
real cutie and and i got some fun stuff for
him and tae planned ayyy ;)