Chapter 8: A Pokemon Brawl

Start from the beginning

"Yup! So are you up for it even though your leg looks pretty bad."

I looked down at my leg to see it all scratched up. It did't hurt anymore, so I should've been just fine.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Where's the Gym?"

"We're in it. The battlefield is just down this hallway-"

"Okay thanks! " I said quickly before I started running down the hallway.

I was super excited, I just wanted to battle so badly since my Pokemon and I had trained so hard for this battle. Eventuaaly I came to a room with the battlefieild in it, but this one was much different than Roxanne's. This one had sand on it and a small moat surrounding it, not deep though. There was a plank to cross it, but I didn't need that. I just jumped over the moat and went to one side of the field and waited for Brawly.

"Sapphire, I won't fight in this battle. I really don't want to," Kipz said.

"That's fine, I'll just have the others go."

"Okay,"

It wasn't much longer until Brawly and his Makuhita came in and walked over to the other side of the battlefield.

"I see that you really want to battle, Well, I won't be a pushover," Brawly said.

"I know, and neither will I!"

"Good. We'll use two Pokemon and when one of them faints then that'll decide the winner."

"That's fine by me."

"Alright! Go Machop!"

Brawly threw a Poke Ball and his Machop came out in blue and white lights. Machop and Makuhita were both fighting types from checking the Pokedex, so Crimson was going to be in some trouble. Although, Makuhita appeared to be Brawly's strongest Pokemon so Crimson would be a good first choice against Machop.

"Okay Crimson, let's go!"

Crimson came out of her Poke Ball ready to go with full energy.

"Hmmm... A dark type? Well, I guess I'll have to see you're strategy first before I assume you're at a disadvantage. Okay Machop, use Karate Chop!"

Machop's fist glowed and slammed it hard into Crimson. Just then Machop staggered backwards and fell to the ground. It got up but it could barely stand just like Crimson who  took a lot of damage from the attack.

"I see, you used Counter," Brawly said returning Machop to its Poke Ball.

"Yup. I had Crimson learn it just in case," I said recalling Crimson back.

"Well looks like this battle is now going to get interesting now. Now Makuhita!"

Makuhita went onto the field ready to go. I had read on the Pokedex that Makuhita would store up energy in order for them to evolve during battle, so Paige and I would have to watch out for that.

"Go Paige!" I said calling her out of her Poke Ball.

She landed on the field and just said nothing.

"Alright Paige, String Shot!"

Paige fired three white threads from her body and they wrapped around Makuhita's arms.

"Makuhita, throw Silcoon!"

Then Makuhita used it's whole body and threw Paige  onto the ground.

"Paige, Tackle!"

Paige used the threads that were still on Makuhita and used them as momentum to hurl herself into Makuhita. Makuhita just got up and threw Paige using the treads again.