Chapter Three: Captain Cold

Start from the beginning

The men all made some form of acknowledgement.

"I will see you then," Black Mask said, and the men filed out of the subway. Black Mask's gaze landed on Catwoman. There was no way he could see her, but he still sent chills up her spine.

She leapt down from her hiding spot and smiled. "Glad you took my advice."

He stared at her with his chilling, dark eyes. "We'll see if it's good advice by tomorrow, now won't we?" He looked through her as if he could see who she was underneath her costume.

She returned his stare with a steadfast gaze of her own. "I guess so."

"You will be joining us," he said as more of a statement rather than a question. It irked Catwoman that he just assumed she was coming, but of course she was.

"Yes, I will."

"Good," he said with finality. He gave her one last eerie glance before disappearing into the shadows.

<O>

"Are you sure we should trust her?" one of Two-Face's goons asked. "She sometimes works with the Bat."

Catwoman leaned against the wall as she watched Two-Face go over his plan with his men. They stood facing him in a semi-circle wrapped in heavy coats as the cold invaded the dark, abandoned warehouse. The man who spoke eyed her sharply.

"Would you relax?" she answered, pushing herself off the wall. "If I wanted to thwart you, I would have made sure you wouldn't have gotten this far in planning."

He glared at her, and she walked over to him so she was barely a foot away and mirrored his glare. He finally wavered and turned to look back at Two-Face.

"Exactly," Two-Face agreed. "We couldn't have done this without her."

She gave the man a smug smile before turning to Two-Face. "Tomorrow afternoon seems like as good a time as any to destroy that courthouse."

"I think she's giving too much input," another man voiced.

She gave him a harsh look and crossed her arms. "Oh, really? I don't see you giving any ideas."

He stared at her as he spoke, "Maybe Friday morning would work better."

If looks could kill, that man would be dead from the daggers Catwoman was shooting him.

"Both of those options could work," Two-Face said thoughtfully.

Catwoman abruptly turned to look at him.

Two-Face reached inside his coat pocket. "Don't worry," he assured her, pulling out his coin. "Nothing a little coin toss can't fix." He looked at that man. "So, what will it be? Heads or tails?"

"Heads," the man said steadfastly.

"Very well then," Two-Face said. He flipped the coin, and it spun in the air before landing back on his hand. He cupped his hand over the coin and flipped it over. Heads. Before anyone could see it, he placed it back in his coat pocket. "Congratulations," he said, looking at Catwoman. "What time do you want to strike the courthouse?"

She shrugged nonchalantly. "one-thirty in the afternoon is fine."

"This is outrageous!" the man said. "She can't call all the shots."