PROLOGUE

I couldn't stop crying. What's wrong is that I was shedding tears for the wrong reasons; the wrong person. Yet here I am, in the arms of someone who I thought I wanted; I thought I needed. It's wrong because the one I'm really yearning for is in the airport right now, and he's on his way to France for his OJT. I can't stop him. Not when I think I've already decided. Brad still has his arms around me as my tears continue to flow because I just found out that Ken was leaving tonight. I mean I knew he was leaving. I just didn't know that he was leaving tonight.

Brad must've sensed that I kind of calmed down. He carefully let go of me, and slowly held my face so that I was facing him. I saw his eyes slowly starting fill with tears, but he won't let them shed.

"Go." He suddenly said. "Huh? What do you mean go?" I asked. "Go. Chase your dreams. Go after him. It's okay." He replied. "But he's already at the airport." I answered. "Exactly. Now go while you still have time." He said as he slowly let me go. For some reason, my feet followed him and I ran to the car. I started the engine and drove all the way to the airport. 

When I got there, I went straight to the parking, and parked my car there, and ran to the departure area of the airport. I thought it was too late, until I saw his family. It's not hard to miss them since they're a pretty big group. As I was approaching them, I saw him slowly walking away. It looked like they just said their goodbyes. 

"Ken!" I called out. "Ken, wait!" I called for the second time and tears started to form again. He heard me this time, and turned around; from the looks of it, he was surprised to see me standing in front of him.

"Rina, what are you doing here? Why are you crying?" he asked me as he wiped my tears. "I need to tell you something." I answered in between sobs. "What is it?" he asked. "Before you go, you need to that I-" I replied. "I know." He answered as he cut me off. 

By then, I slowly stopped crying. "But how?" I asked this time. "I had a hunch. Plus I was peeking when I saw that Kuya Ben was talking to someone, then I heard your voice." He replied. 

"So why are you leaving?" I asked again. "Because I need to. It's for school, silly." He replied as he chuckled. "Come here," He said as he pulled me in for a hug; "you take care of yourself, alright? I'm just a call away, you know that." He added as he hugged me tighter. "I know." I replied as I hugged him back. He slowly let go and looked at me again and said "Hey, I'll see you soon, okay?" and he smiled at me. "I'll see you when you get back." I replied and smiled back, holding back tears once again.

After that, he got his hand-carry, gave me one last hug, turned around and walked away. When he was at a certain distance, he stopped and turned around. I could still see his face from where I was standing. He looked at me, gave me a wink, and waved. I chuckled and waved back; then he turned around and started walking again.

"Bye, Ken. I'll see you in 6 months. I love you." I whispered to myself as I wiped my tears and turned around to say bye to his family. After that, I made my way to my car and just sat there. "6 months, Rina. Just 6 months, and he'll be home." I whispered to myself as I started the engine and drove home.

6 months of time difference. 6 months of long-distance. 6 months of waiting.

Can they really wait for each other for 6 months until they see each other again, or will those 6 months make them realize that they really can't be?