Discoveries that changed life

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I had to come this time." Harry muttered a soft apology to the approaching man.

"Oh, you don't worry about that; people often come even later in nights. I'm used to it. Tell me, how can I help you?" Tom said dismissively waving the hand.

"Um, thanks, actually I need a place to stay; I hope you have an empty room?" Harry asked hoping the answer to be yes.

"Oh yes, of course we have an empty room. Come with me." Tom said leading the way to a set of stairs.

"And did Hedwig-uh, I mean a white owl come here?" Harry asked.

"Well, that I don't know, maybe she's sitting upstairs and waiting for you?" Tom said smiling at Harry.

As soon as they reached the top of the stairs, a white bird appeared flying towards them and landed on Harry's shoulder.

"Good job, Hedwig!" Harry petted Hedwig's feathers and it gave a proud hoot.

"See, told you, she must be waiting for you upstairs; clever bird." Tom said with a smile; to which Harry smile back thankfully.

"So, this is your room, and it'll be thirty galleons per day." Tom said when they had reached a room.

"Um, I was asking that is it okay if I pay you tomorrow? I need to go to Gringotts to get some money out of there; if you don't mind?" Harry asked looking longingly at Tom.

"Yeah sure, that would be perfectly fine for me." Tom said with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you, Tom." Harry said nodding his head in appreciation.

"You're welcome, boy. Have a good sleep." Tom left him alone putting his trunk down.

Harry entered the room and lit the candles. He was very tired by now. He quickly changed into his pyjamas and rolled on the bed. The last thing that crossed his mind was that how was he going to convince his friends for everything he did. For running away from his house and that he didn't kill Cedric.

The next morning, he got up a bit late. Turning over his bed, he realised that he could now as well sleep well apart from being free and not have to work his arse off. He smiled a bit happy that his life was finally getting a bit better. Though he still had to convince his friends and Professor Dumbledore, but he was at least free from the torture of the Dursley's. He slowly got ready and headed down to have his breakfast. After half an hour he set for the Gringotts to get some money out from there. The only time he visits there is with Hagrid. This is the first time he was going there alone.

When he entered the white building, the other witches and wizards standing there peered at him weirdly. Harry didn't bother to give them attention as he knew that the news that he's told that Voldemort is back, has spread like fire on the oil. He walked to the counter. The short goblin leaned forward to have a look at him.

"How can I help you?" the goblin asked in a harsh voice.

"I want to take some money out from my vault." Harry replied.

"Can I know your name, sir?"

"Harry Potter, sir." Harry replied nodding. The goblin nodded as well and another goblin appeared by his side.

Harry recognised it to be Ringok, the head goblin. "Sir, before I take you to your vault, I need to verify your identity." Ringok stated in a serious tone.

"Okay," he said nodding, gesturing him to go on.

"Not here, sir; follow me." The goblin led the way to an office like room as Harry followed him.