10 / Dresses

All the loose ends left over from exams were finally being tied up with a bow and placed under the Christmas tree as Christmas day was rolling around the corner. Despite the excitement for presents and the feast, another event outshone the old-as-time holiday in the Hogwart Castle: the Yule Ball. Being only two short days away, all anyone could talk about was who was wearing what, who was taking who and how many days till the much anticipated night.

Fawn spent most of her time cooped up in her dorm at the sewing machine on her desk, with her fingers following the familiar pattern and her eyes glued to the fabric for hours on end. She refused to cut corners when designing what were to be the most beautiful gowns at the ball.

The work paid off as hours later, Fawn stood with victory in her Hufflepuff dorm. The room glowed with golden sunlight that was accented by the assortments of yellows, as she stood admiring her finished work. After casting a spell that held the dresses above the ground to keep them from dragging, Fawn left her dorm with her two friends' dresses trailing behind her as she made her way to an empty classroom in one of the far towers.

The blonde girl triumphantly marched through the halls and staircases, until she peaked her head through the door of the abandoned lecture hall, panting slightly. "Do you guys want to see your dresses?" Fawn asked while simultaneously announcing her arrival.

Tessa grinned and jumped out of her seat eagerly while Willow followed close behind, slightly nervous. A small feeling of doubt came along with Fawn's idea of having Will's dress reflect her Forest Fairy heritage, or 'compliment' it as Fawn described.

"I still have some final touches to add on the night of the ball, but I need you two to try them on and see how they fit." Fawn explained as she entered the room with the floating gowns at her side.

Tessa squealed at the sight while Willow stood speechless with an open jaw.

"Where's yours, Fawn?" Tessa asked while Willow recovered from the shock.

"I wanted to make sure that I finished both of your dresses first, mine is not yet finished so I decided not to bring it. Now stop procrastinating, try them on!" Fawn encouraged impatiently.

Tessa approached her hovering gown and when it fell perfectly into her arms at the touch of her hand, she ran to a hidden back room to change. Willow did the same in an awestruck daze.

Tessa emerged from the room first with excitement painted on her features. The matte, deep burgundy-red fabric reached up to the base of her neck with thick straps stretching to the tips of her shoulders. The mermaid-style hugged her curvy figure, complimenting all the right places before flaring out through carefully crafted seams at the bends of her knees.

"I love it, Fawn!" Tessa expressed with a tight hug for her best friend.

"I'm so glad." she mumbled into Tessa's shoulder, barely able to breathe. The colombian let Fawn free of the hug to go admire the dress once again in the glossy reflection of a standing mirror.

Willow finally emerged from her place of hiding, revealing herself to the two girls who waited for her. The fairy's cheeks flushed, feeling almost shy as she had tucked her long white hair behind her pointed ears.

Her dress tinted a pale green was held up by two wide-set, thin straps that dropped low into her chest, although keeping her modest. The body piece tightly fitted her slim, fit physique with the remaining fabric draping loosely from her hips and to the floor. A tall slit up the right side of the dress revealed Willow's fair, freckled leg adding the finishing touch to the girl's simply, elegant dress.

Tessa and Fawn squealed in unison.

"Look at you!" Tessa exclaimed.

"I don't know about this, Fawn." Willow worried, "It's very... fairy-like."