3 / Unforgivable Curses

Willow sits comfortably in her desk, although she can't keep her leg from bouncing. She finds herself bored when the Professor hadn't even entered the class room yet, let alone begun the lesson. Beside her, Jordan slumps in her seat lazily twiddling with the ring her parents had mailed to her. Willow notices the unfamiliar ring at the back of her mind, although no further thought of it is brought to the forefront as she glances around the rest of the remaining room, before turning to find Tessa settling into a seat across the room. In watching her also hunch boredly at her desk, an idea soars into Willow's mind on a pair of paper wings.

An excited smile glows on her face as she begins to fold up a piece of parchment with the single word, 'howdy' written across it. With a quick wave of her wand the butterfly-like paper creation takes flight, flapping its way over to Tessa's desk, but not before grazing a certain Slytherin boy's white hair, messing it up into tangles before landing gracefully in Tessa's hands.

The girls giggle at Draco's misfortune, although Jordan remains blank-faced, staring out onto the wall in front of her seemingly unaware of the situation. Her mind thunders with thoughts and questions of her parent's letter.

Part of her felt infuriated that they would ask such a thing of her, 'why should I even listen to them anyway?' she asks herself. She feels as though she owes them nothing, for all they ever do is ridicule her for her 'poor' choices and horrible mistakes, so why would this time be any different?

Tessa, who sits on the far diagonal end from her and Willow, finally finishes her own paper creature, and with the help of Hermione who sat beside her, it took the form of a dove. It elegantly glides over onto Willow's lap, and she unfolds it to read the words, 'How do ya do'. Willow cheerfully chuckles to herself before quickly starting on another new creation that, when hexed, shaped itself like an eagle with huge wings that outstretched her own arm span. The bird soared over to Tessa, and with Willow's wide smile, the cycle started again.

Jordan however had still failed to notice the large and extravagant tactic of note passing as the battle in her mind continued. She had quite enjoyed Draco's presence at the World Cup Championships when she saw him last that summer, she had no reason to entirely disobey her parents' wishes and cut him out of her life.

Despite his horrible reputation and nack for prejudice behavior, Draco was a good person, and it seemed that Jordan was the only person that saw that in him. She felt a certain responsibility for the boy, for if she didn't care for him, who would?

For his sake, Jordan would become close with Draco, but not for whatever purpose her parents wanted her to. She would change Draco, she would change him for the better and prove to her parents that she was not a pawn for them to play with. Besides, the restless butterflies in her stomach became something more, who was she to stop them getting closer?

In finally catching onto Willow's and Tessa's elaborate and highly ineffective form of communication, Jordan watched with wide eyes as a large paper dragon flew across the room, landing on students desks to stomp about, only to launch into the air again and shoot miniature columns of flame. As a elaborate silver blonde hair style was signed, a chorus of mischievous giggles could barely be heard over a high-pitched yelp.

Professor Moody then abruptly trudged through the doors to the classroom, dragging his fake leg along with him as he shot down the paper creation mid leap. The ashes fell limply onto Jordan's desk, who hurriedly brushed them off. After a tense, menacing march down one of the aisles, Moody stood at the head of the room; he stared down his students until they were dead silent before introducing himself in a short, snappy manner.

"Allister Moody." He states as he writes his name on the small chalkboard at the head of the room. "I'm your new 'Defense Against the Dark Arts' teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end."