(1)

Names

Everyone is born with a signature on their forearm. It is their soulmate's signature. The only problem is finding their soulmate.

Felicity had the name Oliver Q. on her arm. But it was messy and ineligible.

Oliver had the name Felicity S. on his arm. It was neat and tidy and he always wondered why it was written in red.

Neither of them knew each other. But they both loved each other.

Felicity lived in Vegas.

Oliver lived in Starling City.

Felicity was a bar maid's daughter with enough money to live a good life.

Oliver was a businessman's son with money to spare.

But then the island happened.

Some soulmates have such a strong connection that they can feel their their other half's pain or emotions.

Oliver and Felicity were one of those couples.

Everyday for five years Felicity would wake up with a new injury. A hole in her chest. Long knife wounds. The pain of a tattoo. A shark bite. A whip wound. Burns. But half an hour later they would be gone. Leaving only a faint scar.

Everyday for five years Oliver would wake up and feel extreme guilt for subjecting his soulmate to his injuries.

Then he came home.

And he took up the role as the Vigilante. The Hood.

Felicity knew about the vigilante. But what confused her was that her injuries had reduced. They were still there but there were significantly less. It wasn't until the day she was on her way back to her car when she felt a sharp pain in her chest.

Looking down there was a faint blood patch on her shirt and she could feel what felt like a bullet lodged in the same place as the pain.

She hurried to her car and rummaged in her bag.

There was a drug that had been invented recently. It cut off the connection between soulmates for half an hour. It meant that injuries healed for that half an hour until it was possible to get to the hospital. It delayed the injury time.

She then put her bag down on the floor and started her car. Suddenly a man groaned. Felicity looked back and gasped. The Hood was lying across her back seat.

The Hood crawled forward into the front seat, gasping slightly. "I'm not going to hurt you Felicity."

"How do you know my name?" Felicity said sharply.

"Because you know my name," the Hood gasped, flicking back his Hood.

"Mr- Oliver," said Felicity in slight surprise. "Oh. Wow. Everything about you just became so unbelievably clear." Then she noticed a dark red patch on his chest. "You're bleeding."

"I don't need to be told that," said Oliver, gritting his teeth.

"You need a hospital," said Felicity starting her car again. "I'm going there anyway."

"My- my father's old factory in the Glades," Oliver said forcefully. "And why are you going to the hospital?"

"No you need a doctor," said Felicity. "Not a steel worker. And there's something wrong with my soulmate."