“’Kay. See yah, Cap.”

Steve set his iPhone down on the bedside and slung his feet onto the cold ground. Mental ice shards stabbed at the bottom of his feet and up into his ankles. Fogginess from sleep clouded his ice blue eyes. His more than bad bed head was tossed every which way and no matter how many times he ran a hand through it, Steve couldn’t manage to fix it.

A slightly numb arm reached out to open the door, revealing Rebekah Grey already dress and ready to go for the spring day.

“Good morning, Captain.” Agent Grey grinned, obliging to look Steve up and down again.

“Morning, Rebekah.” Steve managed a small smile “What can I do for you?”

“I was wondering if you could help me move in. But I can tell you just got up. I can come back later if you’d like?”

Steve shook his head. “No. It’s okay, I was already awake. Would you like to come in?”

Rebekah nodded, entering his apartment. When she stepped through, a small whiff of citrus and berries blew by, intoxicating Steve, inebriating him. It made his senses go crazy, jumbling and getting confused. Steve’s eyes followed her, looking at her with intensity.

“I have my…” Rebekah turned around to see Steve dizzily staring at her. “…Jeep in front of the building with the boxes.”

“Yeah,” Steve made nervous hand motions, nodding his head. “Of course. Just let me get some descent clothes on.”

Steve walked past her and straight to his bedroom in search of clothes. Looking in his closet he found a light grey t-shirt and simple, long, boot cut, denim jeans with tennis shoes to match. Glancing at the mirror in his bathroom, he managed to fix his lop-sided bed head and walked out the door with Agent Grey.

Box after box was headed up the stairs time after time till there were only two left to take up. The job was easy, especially for someone like Steve. He wasn’t even breaking a sweat or getting tired.

“Well,” Rebekah closed the back end of her Jeep, the box leaning against her hip. “That’s the last of them.”

Facing the restless streets of Brooklyn, Steve bent down to pick up the cardboard box off the sidewalk. But then he saw him again. The same person he saw yesterday across the street from Starbucks was facing him now. Bucky had been watching him.

Idly, Steve leaned back up, leaving the box on the ground and staring after Bucky. He looked slightly moribund. His hair was still long and slightly deranged; his eyes looked hollow as well as his cheeks. Bucky still had his muscular figure with semi proper clothes on; a dusty, black long sleeve and dark blue jeans. And he was anchoring Steve, wanting him to really see him this time.

“Rebekah,” Steve said, staring at Bucky.

“Yeah,”

“I’ll be right back.”

Not once looking back, Steve began to run across the busy street, dodging cars. Bucky turned and ran as well, leading Steve on, thus starting the short game of cat and mouse. Bucky led Steve around corners and through alleys, egging him on to follow even longer.

Turning left, Steve saw Bucky standing, facing him. This was it. This was the closest he’d seen Bucky in four months without running. Steve’s small smile broadened into a large, loving one.

There was only one word Steve needed to say in one single breath. “Bucky.”

The Winter Soldier’s head lifted slightly at his name, the one he longed to be called. Not assassin, not the Winter Soldier. Just Bucky.

“Steve.” He whispered, trying to smile. He’d forgotten what it was like to smile. The feeling of happiness, joy and excitement all in one single facial expression.

Steve lunged forward, wrapping his arms around Bucky so tight the air was squeezed out of his lungs. “God, Bucky, I missed you.”

Bucky stood there, not sure if he should hug him back. He’d forgotten all of it. All the feeling, all the reactions and all the simple thoughts he was supposed to have. But, with him finding Steve, he hoped he would change all of it.

“Me too.” Bucky managed to say.

Finally letting go, he smiled at him, but it slowly faded. Bucky wasn’t trying to kill him. He was standing there, in the alley, staring at Steve. Granted when Steve found the note, he knew he remembered. That’s right! The note!

“I found your letter.”

Bucky nodded. “That was my intention.”

Steve sighed. “Buck, come back with me. We can talk. You can tell me what you remember.”

“No.”

Steve blinked in surprise. “What do you mean ‘no’?”

“I can’t come with you right now.” Bucky stared long at Steve’s blue eyes.

“Why not?"

Bucky began to walk past Steve, but was stopped by a gentle grip on his forearm.

“Bucky, why not?” Steve persisted.

He wasn’t getting angry, but he was starting to get annoyed with Steve’s curiosity. Bucky wanted to tell him, really he did, but there was a time and a place. It just wasn’t here.

“I’ve got things to do.” Bucky hurried past Steve and straight to where he was supposed to go in the first place.

A/N

Hey there! I feel super bad with missing TWO weekends. Last weekend I had family over and the weekend before that I simply had no time. It's a miracle that I got to post this weekend. (Which took some serious persuasion.)

Anywho, the deal with this chapter is I'm probably gonna re-write it to add more detail. That will be in a later date. Also, a little insight for the upcoming chapters, there WILL be more Bucky coming. =)

Now, incase you missed it. There maaaay be something between Rebekah and Steve. But, with my super plot twisty skills I can trick your mind later on. *evil laugh*

This weeks dedication goes to hayleyinwonderland

****BTW, you if you ever want a dedication just message me or post on my wall and I will get you a dedication ASAP.****