I slowly lift the shirt from the ground and prepare to swing the bat. "Ew, ew, ew, ew," I mutter as I toss the shirt across the room to expose a tiny turtle sneaking its way across the room.

I am by far grossed out at this point but for some odd reason I'm sure these boys own this creature as a pet. I glance around the room and spot an old fish tank. "Ew, ew, ew," I chant over and over again as I pick up the turtle and extend my arms as far as they can stretch. I drop the turtle into the fish tank and I shudder once again.

I begin throwing all the dirty clothes into a basket. I make their beds, wipe down all the dressers with pledge and find a container to dump all the Legos into. I rip open the blinds and tell myself I will clean the windows later. I make my way to the little girl's room and sigh in relief. The only thing I really have to clean are the massive amounts of Barbies spread out around her floor. I feel like I'm in some spy movie where I have to find the safe spot to step otherwise the whole place will explode. I finish with her room and gather her laundry as well.

I enter the small mud room that contains the washing machine and dryer. I stare at the appliance and can't help but wonder why the hell this seems so foreign to me. Shouldn't my mind just know how to work this mechanism. I open the lid and toss everything that's dirty inside. Hot or cold? Fuck if I know! I shrug and assume hot. It's like a bath correct? When you clean yourself you want the water warm, same rules should apply with this machine. I find the laundry detergent and read the label so I know just how much to pour inside before I slam the lid shut.

I trudge my way to the living room. All my limbs are beginning to ache. Every muscle in my neck and shoulders are clenching tightly. How the hell do I do this everyday? I roll my neck and bounce my shoulders to relieve some of the tension.

There's honestly toys everywhere in this living room. Damn kids! I find another container and begin picking up all the toys around the room. I wonder who's savvy idea it was to have so many children? I find a sock and rush it into the laundry room so I can toss it in with the other clothes. I then work on polishing every piece of furniture we own. Another sock! I rush that one as well to the machine and begin vacuuming...another sock! I toss that one into the machine as well and pull out my supplies for mopping the kitchen. Another sock...Damnit!!

"I swear to god if I find one more sock, I'm going to lose my mind!" I scream into the empty atmosphere around me. My children so inherited my screaming....

I don't finish cleaning the house until two thirty. I haven't even showered yet and I already have to head outside for my children to get off the bus.

I stand at the back door and stare blankly at all the shoes. I have no idea which ones are mine. As I peer down at all the options, there's a little voice in the back of my mind whispering that I miss my heels. My eyes drift across the gym shoes and take note that there isn't one pair of cute pumps. My nose scrunches up in disgust as I grab a pair of converse and slip my feet inside. They are a little big therefore I assume they are my wife's but I leave them on anyways.

I trek my way outside in my pajamas and reevaluate my life choices. There must have been a time when I enjoyed this lifestyle, otherwise Emma and I wouldn't have continued producing children, correct? Emma, she does seem familiar and there is something about her that I feel strongly about but I just can't put my finger on it.

The big yellow bus screeches as it pulls up to my driveway. I hold my breath as I see my children come barreling down the stairs and rushing toward me.

"Mom! Why are you still in pajamas? You're going to embarrass us!" Max yells from across the driveway. I furrow my eyebrows at how rude this little boy is but I'm at a loss for words. Do I usually punish him or do I just ignore his disrespectful behavior?