2 ~ Recon

"Alright," Danse grunts, making a show of clicking his safety off. To Uri, the sound seems to echo through the streets; reverberating off collapsed walls and rusted automobiles. She knows it's just the adrenaline, but she isn't the only one feeling a little jumpy. Even Del looks nervous, with his brow furrowed and lips pursed in a way the vault dweller has never seen. All four Knights under Danse's command keep their eyes glued on the Paladin. "I'm confident I don't need to remind you, but this is a huge mission. Mass Bay Medical Centre is a known spot of the Gunners. They are smart, ruthless and operate on a military-like basis. Be careful - we can't go all guns blazing. They are not raiders."

"Yes, sir," Rhys salutes. Uri finds that a tad melodramatic, but she can tease him about it later. For now, the sun is beginning to show signs of setting, and the last thing she wants is to be caught at nightfall in the heart of downtown Boston.

The Gunners' have set up elaborate fortifications around the building, so the group have decide to enter through the ER section of the hospital. Uri had only ever been to Mass Bay once, thanks to Hawthorne getting himself banged up in a head-on collision. Although it's not much, it's more experience with this place than the others, so once Danse has cleared the entryway the team push through.

Gurneys, beaten-up terminals and various heaps of trash litter the check-in zone, but there are no Gunners in sight. There is, however, an elevator that will dump them inside the main entrance; helping them avoid detection from those heavily guarded turrets. Danse and Rhys are in power armour, so they do have to take two elevator trips, but the team eventually get themselves onto the ground floor completely undeterred.

"We're here, they underestimated that side entrance, and this section isn't well defended. Sanchez, you're with me. Rhys, Del and Jarvis, you're gonna start looking for Quinlan's documents. If you don't--"

"SCATTER!"

Uri's shriek has the desired effect as, in a heartbeat, the group have leaped away from their spot. The sudden jet of a red-hot laser beam almost scrapes her arm, but they all successfully avoid damage. Their hopes for stealth are obliterated in a heartbeat. None of them had taken the Gunners' use of Assaultrons into consideration.

"Take it out!" Danse barks, as though that wasn't their immediate response to noticing the killing machine shooting lasers out its eyehole. Jarvis takes advantage of his sniping skills from behind the abandoned barricades, aiming for its chest piece whilst the others go for the head and arms. The racket clearly attracts attention. Underneath the gunshots and yelling, Uri can just make out the familiar bark of orders from somewhere on the floor above.

"Incoming!" Del warns, eyeing the balcony overlooking the entrance. A Gunner is just setting up their scope, so Uri sends two quick blasts their way before using her last remaining charge on the Assaultron. She aims for its now exposed wiring, but it quickly shifts. The beam leaves nothing but a burned streak on the side of its chrome shell. With a curse, Uri takes cover by the desk and fumbles for another fusion cell.

By some miraculous string of luck, the others have taken the Assaultron out when she's ready to re-engage. It's discomforting that so few Gunners are in the area, but it doesn't take them long to dispose of their remaining guards. Once they're down Jarvis immediately begins looting, much to Danse's chagrin.

"Get off of that, Knight. We're not here for scraps. With any luck, that didn't alert the others. Forget the plan to separate. We're sticking together - I'm not losing anyone today."

Jarvis looks downtrodden, but they all nod their agreement before following Uri upwards. She hates this. She always has. Manouvering her way through side streets is one thing, but purposefully entering enemy territory; knowing you're going to be caught one way or another... Going to be shot at in such close proximity. It's one thing to fight Raiders, too, with their chem-addled reflexes and shoddy training, but the Gunners really are a whole other story. If it wasn't for her time with Mac, she would have ventured into the group's territory completely unprepared. Once again, she's struck by how she owes him more than she could ever repay.