Chapter 20: The War

Zacznij od początku

I smiled at the memory but got serious again as we approached Zale's territory. Oddly enough, his pack was so big that his entire territory was its own section.

"Kasey!" Doug shouted.

"Hello." I said politely as we landed.

"Zale is in the hall with some warriors." Doug said as if reading my mind. Then he turned to Max. "We had one demon show up. We took him out, but it was very easy."

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

Doug shrugged. "I don't know Maximus. He didn't even put up a fight."

"That's not right." Max mumbled as he looked over at Kenword who shrugged. "Fine. We'll worry about that later. What we need to worry about is getting this whole section under control. I need angels and wolves to be put surrounding the whole border in every direction. I want them to spread out, but not too far. Everyone needs to have a visual on each other. I don't want anyone to be alone, no matter how skilled they are."

"And everyone needs to have a weapon on them then." Kenword chimed in as Zale and some other wolves ran over to us. "Even the wolves. I know you guys can shift and you are very strong in wolf form, but teeth alone won't do anything to a demon. You have to have silver with you. That is the only way to kill them."

Zale nodded. "We have silver bullets and daggers made out of silver as well."

"Remember. Aim for the heart. Anywhere else will only slow them down." I reminded. "Wait. How can you hold the daggers and the guns?"

"Gloves." Zale smiled as he and some others held their hands up. "We have thick leather gloves. The daggers have a cloth around the handles and the guns are made of a different metal so we can hold them. We just can't touch the bullets or the blades."

I sighed in relief and he came over and hugged me.

"Hey you." Zale laughed.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Break up the love fest." Katelin laughed.

Sonny went to go speak, but a loud growl cut her off.

"What that what I think it was?" Sterling asked as he gulped.

"Get in position!" Max yelled.

I watched the angels flew up and the wolves shifted. Everyone flew and ran to their spots including us.

"Stay close to me." Zale growled as he shifted while running. I nodded and flew faster so I could keep up with him.

Damn, he runs fast.

I heard a scream and I watched as an angel was thrown over my head and slammed into a tree.

I was about to turn around and help him, but Alvar beat me to it.

"Go!" She screamed as she picked him up and flew back to the pack house I assume.

"You fucker." I said to myself as I saw the demon throw another angel. "Hey ugly!"

The demon stopped and turned around to face me just as my fist connected with his face.

He screamed out in pain as he fell backward and I circled back to him. Right as he stood up, my fist connected with his face again.

I watched as his back hit the ground and a couple of wolves jumped on top of him. He shouted as their teeth dug into his shoulder.

"Hold him!" I shouted as the demon struggled to get free.

I grabbed my dagger and flew straight down towards him. Just as I was about to get to him, I felt something hit me.

I landed on the ground and rolled a couple feet. I looked up and saw a demon smirk at me. That little bastard threw a boulder at me!