THREE: THANKS OR NO THANKS

The British Girl Meets New York

© 2014 by shin_valentine

Author's note:

Sigh...

I give up with the comment issue. I'll just assume that the reads are proof enough that somehow the previous chapters really were read.

For those who actually care, I'll update this every once in a while but not too soon I guess, since school has once again started and it's ready to rack my brain until it overheats. I can't balance this and my studies, unfortunately. My course eats up a huge amount of time from my daily life.

I hope that this chapter would at least encourage readers to comment.

Really guys... Just write anything. Even if it doesn't make sense. Just to make sure something alive is reading my work...

Enjoy...

:)

CHAPTER THREE: THANKS OR NO THANKS

I let out a sigh when I sat. I looked out the window again and noticed that the whole school was surrounded by trees. It almost made me feel like I was in our school in London again.

A chair dragged behind me for a short time and the noise sounded so loud against the silence in the room. But I didn't mind at all. My mind was already back London.

"I'm Luke Reign. Sixteen years old." the guy's bored voice spoke while I was already lost in my own memory.

Looking through this window, felt so nostalgic. If I didn't know better, I'd think Leah was sitting right behind me, Jane to my right and Kate in front of me.

"Not a model. Not an athlete either but I do sports."

It was always cold outside during autumn until spring so the windows were closed for the whole school year.

Last school year, we had a new teacher and she wasn't adorable at all. Very formal. Or perhaps 'medieval' was the best word to describe her. She's really, really strict. Leah would disturb me and talk about things that I barely cared about or things that disgusted me like describing the teacher's wrinkles under her eyes. But just to avoid hurting her feelings, I still listen with one ear, then maybe let it pass through the other. But sometimes, she really say interesting things.

"I have straight hair but usually, it's wavy. Wavy's better anyway. Not that of an introvert but usually quiet."

And then Kate would arrive late in the room with the teacher waiting for her at the door.

"I'm taller than a 5'8 of course,"

My eyebrow slowly arched.

And then we would laugh...

"since I'm 6'1."

My thoughts completely stopped and my jaw almost dropped.

"And I don't have even a tiny British blood in me but I'm partly Italian, French and American. Or I may not have a british accent but I speak five languages fluently."

My head snapped to his direction. He was looking at the blackboard like he was saying a typical introduction.

This bloody jerk's provoking me!

"And unlike some, I don't want any stupid questions asked." he forced a smile and sat down like nothing happened.

My eyebrow was in full arch now but I managed to turn to the window again. My mouth hung open a bit in disbelief.

What is wrong with him? Is this for the map? Or the seat perhaps? How thick could he possibly get?! And I said I was sorry about the map.

"Okaaaay..." the teacher said to break the awkward silence but there was a trace of laughter in his voice. Just then, I noticed everyone was facing my way.