#22

"What the hell is she doing!?" Jacob yelled as he ducked behind a pillar. Newt bit his lip, "I don't know! I don't think she's in control of it." He admitted.

Last time he had seen Tina she was wearing a skirt with her blouse tucked in nicely, her hair combed through, and a bright smile on her face. Now she was casting spells at them her hair looking shorter, her clothes darker, and overall a different Tina.

"Patrifacus totalis!" Newt said pointing his wand at Tina.

She was unprepared for it and therefore didn't contradict the spell thankfully. He watched as her body turned stuff and fall to the ground. He sighed and ran over to her quickly. "So sorry." He quickly mumbled, feeling immensely guilty for what he had just done.

She looked frightened and confused, she could be tricking him, but if she were then her skills were unbeatable she looked very convincing.

He undid the spell and watched as she sat up dazed. "Newt..." she croaked out.

"What's are you doing here? Where am I?" She asked looking around.

He bit his lip, "Tina look at me." He said as gently as he could.

She looked at him, he paused and stared at her. Her eyes were strikingly familiar. This was the Tina he remembered from New York. The one he left on the docks filled with hope and happiness. He smiled a bit so she was under a spell.

"You're in Paris..." he began slowly, "Grindelwald escaped MACUSA and I believe he took you with him and put you under a spell... you've been working for him unwillingly for the past few weeks. Don't panic it's not your fault and Jacob and I are fine. You weren't yourself you had no control."

She gasped and looked around, "I tried to kill you..?"

He cringed and nodded slowly.

The news seemed to finally settle in, in her head as she burst into ugly sobs. He watched her sadly while calculating his next move.

He wanted to stay here and comfort her, to tell her it was alright, but he also knew she wasn't the only one that was trying to kill him and someone would be here soon.

Ignoring his regular shy personality he brought her into a hug.

"How many people.." she managed to say between sobs.

"What?" Newt asked

"How many people did I kill?"

"Tina that doesn't matter.." he said quickly trying to change the subject.

"How many." She demanded

He sighed, "I don't know..."

That only brought more tears, to which he pulled her closer and rubbed her back. "It's okay, it's not your fault Tina." He promised

She looked at him searching for truth in his eyes. She saw he wasn't lying and out of desperation and need for some love and tenderness she pressed her lips to his impulsively.

Newt gasped shocked, that was definitely not what he thought she was going to do.

She pulled back, "I'm sorry." She choked out, "it's just I've missed you so much and you never came to deliver your book and I thought you didn't want to come see me and you're here and I just tried to kill people and grindelwalds out and- and." She cried some more.

He gently cupped her face and wiped away her tears with his thumbs. "Stop crying love, I promise there's time for explaining and all that later but we're in danger can you help us?"

She nodded not breaking eye contact.

Newt smiled weakly at her at kissed her softly, he pulled away almost as soon as he kissed her but it was still something.

"Come on I need my favorite auror and baker to help me." He said standing up and taking her hand.

Tina tried to compose herself, "tell me what to do." She said

Newt looked at her and Jacob. "Help save the world I guess."