Chapter 27: To The Rescue

Začít od začátku

            "Noctis!" Cloud sprinted towards him and succeeded on catching him before his body would hit the ground. Tifa helped by holding the prince's back to keep him up.

            "We'll take care of this!" Yuffie shouted from afar, charging into another set of magiteks appearing out of nowhere while Vincent and Red XIII did the same.

            Outrage had washed over Cloud when he saw blood stained on Noctis' torn shirt. "Does it hurt so bad?" There was panic and fear inside him. He couldn't let Noctis die.

            Noctis breathed, cracking a smile, "Do you think I would die that easily?"

            "Stop, Noctis," the blond scolded him. "No joking around in the battlefield. Now come on, we'll get you out of here first." He placed Noctis' arm around his shoulder and helped him up, but the raven grabbed his shoulders, making him confused.

            "J-Just, leave me alone here," Noctis told him, which made him more irritated but Noctis continued. "Leave me alone. You. . . you have to find (Y/N)."

            The blond widened his eyes but he furrowed his eyebrows, "W-What on earth are you thinking?! Do you think I would leave you here like I saw nothing? I can't leave you here in this dangerous place. I cannot let you here alone and I shouldn't."

            "But you have to," Noctis tightened the grip on his shoulders. "Find her, Cloud. Please, I'm begging you. You have to save her from. . ." He trailed off, his breathing going more difficult. His throat went dry.

            "F-From who? And where is she?"

            "T-That man."

            "What? Who is he? Tell me where she is and I'll find her, Noctis," Cloud breathed heavily as he felt the toxic scent of smoke passing through his nostrils. Noctis' lids lowered. "H-Hey, stay still. We'll save her okay? Keep holding on."

            Tifa wrapped Noctis' other arm around her neck, and soon they escaped the explosions coming from the room. They darted out and found themselves running through a dark and silent hall, only finding themselves again within another dark room, but this time it was spacious and empty. Cloud could hear Noctis' heavy breathing. He looked down at him, "Please, not just yet. We should find her." He lifted his face and looked to Tifa, who was merely searching for any signs of another way.

            "This room is a dead end. We should get back to the main hall," she said as she scanned the room. She gestured for them to leave but Noctis objected. "What were you saying?"

            "There. . . " His blue eyes glanced towards a trapdoor. "The right corner. . . a t-trapdoor. . ." He coughed. Automatically they headed for the trapdoor, and Tifa had to give the arm she held to Cloud so she could open the trapdoor. She took hold of the handle and pulled it with all her force; it didn't budge.

            "It's locked," she said yet she tried once more but this time it opened slowly. "Not locked after all," she muttered and fully opened it. "Alright. Cloud, you go down first, then you'll assist Noctis as he goes down. If it's deep down there, both of us would jump in first then we'll catch him. Get it?"

            "Yes, ma'am." Noctis said.

            "No time for joking," Cloud rolled his eyes and gently put Noctis' arms down. He took a deep breath and jumped into the hole.

            Tifa peeked down. At first nothing could be heard, but she heard a loud noise. "You good there?"

            "Yeah," the blond answered, "I can feel heat beneath me. It feels as if there is a tank generated here. Geothermal power I guess?" He paused, then said, "That's it. We're about to walk into a tunnel."