Chapter two;

“Hey.” Matthew grinned.

“Hi.” I mumbled. I sat next to him while he studied my face. My light brown hair was probably looking awful since I hadn’t even though about it that morning and I had no make-up on at all; which wasn’t like me.

“So what’s wrong?” He turned his body to face mine sitting Indian style, so I copied.

“First why are you here so early?” I needed time to figure out how to tell him. I hadn’t really thought about how to say it.

“I was worried and stop stalling because I need to know.” His green eyes were starting to get covered by his dark brown fringe.

“Fine, I don’t really know how to say it though Matthew-” he cut me off and smiled.

“First; don’t call me Matthew I prefer Matt. Second; just say it I’m not going to judge you I swear. Scouts honour!” His right hand was placed over his heart.

“There is no way you were a scout!” I laughed.

“Stop changing the subject!” He tried not to laugh but he couldn’t help himself.

“I’mpgantareyouhappy?” I mumbled too quickly.

“What?” He leaned closer to hear me.

“I said I’m pregnant are you happy?” I could hear him gasp even though I couldn’t face looking at him. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him stand up and start pacing. “I understand if you never want to talk to me again but please just don’t tell anyone yet.” He was still silent so I lifted my head up to see Matt sitting across from me with his head in his hands. “Please say something.” I croaked.

Slowly he raised his head looking at me with shocked eyes.

“How? Wait I know that answer. Who? When? You’re like the cleverest person I know; how did you do something so stupid and reckless!” He screamed making me grimace away from his harsh words.

“I’m two months gone and for the who question I can’t tell you.” I couldn’t let Matt find out who it would wreck a lot of peoples life.

“Please I- I need to help.” His voice was a lot calmer now but the shock was still in his eyes.

“No Matt I can’t.” He nodded before turning around and walking over to the wall. Matt raised one arm as if to hit the wall before he rested his head down on top.

“Why did you choose to tell me? What am I going to be able to do about it?”

“I had no one else and I thought you would know what to do.” I had stood up now and I was walking towards him but he made no effort to lift his head.

“It’s yours and the father’s decision not mine. Why don’t you go talk to him about it?” His words were spat out. I couldn’t see his face since he was speaking into the wall but I could tell he was either upset or mad. My silence must have made him click on. “He doesn’t know does he? The dad?” I shook my head before remembering he couldn’t see me.

“No he doesn’t and he’s not going to know.” Matt scoffed.

“I’d want to know if I was him.”

“He doesn’t want to know trust me.” I knew I was only telling the truth but it made me want to cry. I may as well have taken my heart out and explained to him every corner of it. “You think I’m a slut don’t you? Getting pregnant at fourteen and not even telling the father.” The tears spilled over my eyes then revealing how worried I was about everything. This made him spin around and grab my shoulders.

“You’re kidding me right? You, a slut? If this wasn’t such a serious conversation I’d laugh. Em you haven’t had a boyfriend since you were eleven; you don’t go around partying and as far as I know you’ve only slept with one person. Yeah that might be really bad at our age but I don’t know the whole story so it might not be as bad as it seems.”

“How could it be any better?” I groaned looking into his sparkling green eyes.

“He could have pressurised you; threatened you; forced you. Anything but I won’t know unless you tell me.” I swallowed before looking at him again.

“You have to trust me when I tell you I can’t say anything more than I already have.” Matt must have seen the pleading and seriousness in my eyes because he nodded before I felt to nausea swarm my stomach. I pushed passed him inside the school to the disabled toilet. Then I puked my guts up. I could sense someone behind me but I didn’t really care.

“Are you all right?” It was Matt so I sighed in relief.

“Yeah who knew morning sickness didn’t actually come in the morning.” My bad joke didn’t make either of us laugh.

“Are you going to keep it?” I knew he would ask eventually but I was scared to tell him; so I just nodded.

“I’m not killing it if that’s what you mean but I’m not sure if I’ll raise it yet.” He nodded before helping me up and taking me to sit outside on the bench.

“That’s good because I don’t like abortions.” We smiled at each other before looking away. “Does anyone else know?”

“No not even my Mum but I plan on telling her tonight.” Matt nodded then asked another question.

“When did you find out?” I smiled at all the questions.

“This morning; do you have any other questions?” He grinned before asking away.

“What will you do when you start showing and at least tell me if he hurt you.” I was smiling before he asked the second question.

“I guess when my bump comes I’ll just have to let people figure it out for themselves. You know I can’t answer the second one.” He nodded while sighing. I was suddenly aware of our knees touching so I smiled inside. “I’m scared to tell my mum.” I admitted.

“Just tell me if this is a bad idea but I could come with you.” He looked at me before smiling showing his perfect white teeth.

“You would do that for me?” My smile now matched Matt’s.

“Yeah, I mean it when I say I want to be there for you the whole way.” My grin grew larger.

“Why?” I was generally curious. Matt’s eyes were now boring into mine.

“You trusted me with your secret so I’m planning on not just keeping I but helping you with it.” It seemed like the best thing to me to have him on my side and my friend.

“Thanks but just so you know at any point you’re allowed to back out.” He nodded before I placed my head on his shoulder.

“Is the father your boyfriend?” I was shocked by the question.

“No; I don’t have a boyfriend.” He nodded then rested his head on top of mine.

*****************************************************************************

Hey,  

       Please let me know what you think since I don't usually write this sort of thing I don't know how it's working. 

FAN, COMMENT, VOTE, PRIVATE MESSAGE anything!!!!

All of the characters in here are based on real people to make it seem more realsitic. 

I'm not going to say when I'll upload next anymore because I barely ever make the deadline but it will be soon!

Georgia