"Jason. I'm sorry. I'm just nervous." I batted my eyes at him and he looked sideways at me.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. Especially, since you're no longer pregnant with that bastard child." I felt my heart crack, but I tried my hardest not to let it show. I had to play along, or this would never work. I knew he was trying to hurt me.

"Thank you." He looked at me and smiled, happy and surprised that I agreed with him. I looked out the window, waiting for my chance, making sure I knew where we were at all times.
I saw a rest stop up a head with a lot of cars parked outside. If I could get him to pull over, I knew he wouldn't be able to do anything without drawing attention to himself and me. "Jason. I really have to use the bathroom. Can you please stop at that rest stop?" I saw him shake his head.

"We will be in the next town in about 20 miles." He smiled.

"I can't wait that long. Please?" I ran my hand up his leg and could see his fingers grip the steering wheel tighter.

"You need to be quick." I nodded and leaned over to kiss his cheek. Just the smell of him making me sick, but I would do anything to get away from him.

He nodded and pulled in and parked. I was relieved to see the plethora of people walking in and out of the restroom.

"I dont like this, Sydney. I can't go in with you." He looked at me and shook his head.

"I really need to go. Please? I'll only be a minute. You can trust me." His eyes softened and he nodded.

"Five minutes, or I'm coming in after you." I quickly got out of the car and ran to the bathroom. Once in, I took out the phone and saw all the messages from Ronnie and Michael, begging me to tell him when I was.

I dailed Ronnie's number and he immediately answered. "Baby! Where are you? Are you alright?" I started crying and got the attention of the woman in there as I explained where I was and what was going on.

"Ronnie, he's outside. I don't know how long I have. I love you so much." One of the woman looked at me and told me she was calling the police and I nodded.

"I love you too, baby. I'm close, about twenty minutes behind you. You need to stay in that bathroom. The police are in front of us." I nodded like he could see him and took a deep breath.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Sydney. Come on, baby. We have to go." I whimpered and answered him.

"Jason. There is a line. I haven't gone yet." I heard him sigh.

"We could have been in that town already. Hurry the fuck up." I knew he was now getting impatient and I closed my eyes.

"Baby, you're doing fine. I'll have you in my arms soon, I promise." The woman in the restroom were taking very loud, making sure that Jason knew there were still people in the bathroom with me.

"Ronnie, please, hurry!" I was starting to panic. I knew I couldn't get back in that car with him.

"Sydney!! Let's go, now!!" I knew he would walk in here soon and I dropped my head.

"Ronnie, I have to go. I love you." I didn't give him the chance to answer before I hung up. I slide my phone in my back pocket and slowly made my way out.

I saw Jason standing by the car, an angry look on his face and I knew I pushed my luck. He was being decent, well as decent as he could be, and know I knew I was in for it when he got me alone. I wasn't quick to get back to the though, I took my time, walking to the vending machine and acting like I was deciding what I wanted to drink. Try to stall him as long as possible. It had to be close to twenty minutes already, right?

I had just put in some change, when I felt him walk up behind me. "I don't know what your game is right now, but if you think for minute that I won't drag you to that car, you're mistaken." I nodded and reached down for my drink. I turned and tried to smile, but I failed. "You wait till tonight."

He gripped my arm and started walking down to the car when we saw the cop cars blocking the entrance and the exit. I smiled and knew Ronnie was there somewhere. I couldn't wait to see him again.

Jason stopped short and looked at me. "You stupid bitch. This was you're plan? You think I'll just hand you over." I tried to get out of his grasp, but he held me tighter. He walked to the car and opened the passenger door, without letting me go, he reached into the clubbox and pulled out a gun. He wrapped him arm around my neck and pointed the gun at my head.
I saw Ronnie running towards us in the distance, only to get stopped. It took three officers to hold him back.

"Jason. I'm Brock." One of the police officers told him, walking closer. "You don't want to do this. You don't want to hurt her." Jason pointed the gun at Brock.

"Stay the fuck back. If I can't have her, no one will." He pointed the gun back at me and I looked helplessly at Ronnie. I was for sure I was going to die and if I did, I wanted to remember everything about him. Tears were streaming down my face as I mouthed 'I love you' to Ronnie and I smiled as he yelled it to me.

"Just put the gun down, Jason. We'll get this all sorted out. Maybe once we do, she'll go with you. We just have to do our job." Brock looked at me and the look on his face told me to play along.

"Jason, just let me them do their job so we can go." I looked at Ronnie as I lied to Jason. "I told you I wanted to go with you, remember." I saw Ronnie nod, before I closed my eyes.

"I don't believe you. You need to tell him," Jason pointed the gun at Ronnie. "That you want me and not him. Tell him!!" I nodded.

"Ronnie," my voice broke and I took a deep breath. "I want Jason, not you." I felt Jason smile against my head.

"That's right. Just me." He kissed my head and started walking towards Brock. I couldn't do it, I couldn't stay in his arms anymore. I struggled and managed to get free. I started running to Ronnie, and heard three shots coming from behind me.

I landed in Ronnie's arms and looked behind me, I saw Jason, laying on the ground, in a pool of blood. It was finally over. Ronnie turned my head towards his and looked at me. He gently wiped my tears away, before his lips landed on mine. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. I pulled away and buried my head in his chest, breathing in his scent, a scent I thought I would never smell again.

I let the tears fall freely, so relieved that I wouldn't have to look over my shoulder any longer, and relived that Ronnie was fine.
Ronnie lifted my head and looked at me. "You're alright?" I nodded as he gently swiped his fingers over the bruise on my cheek. He leaned down and gently kissed it. "Can I take her home?" Brock nodded.

"We will be there sometime in the next few days to ask her a few questions, but yeah, she doesn't need to see this." Ronnie thanked him and lead me to the car. I got in with him and sat as close to him as possible, as we drove home together, to our home, holding each other tight.