"She still loves me?" I nodded and he dropped his head. "I don't have a girlfriend. I broke it off with her. I still love Syd." I shook my head.

"Well, I hope you're happy with what you did to both of you. I dont feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for Syd. For all she went through before you and then during. I feel bad for the fact that she let you in and then you did this to her."

"I know I'm an ass, alright? I get it. I made a mistake." I stood there just looking at him.

"Then tell her that, not me." I walked back inside a slammed the door.

***************

"Come on, girl. We're going to have a good time tonight. I'm taking you out to celebrate everything you've overcome and how amazing you do your job." I laughed as I walked down the stairs and looked at Carrie.

"Alright. Do you think this is too much?" I turned around and she looked at my little black dress ans shook her head.

"It's perfect. You never know, maybe you'll meet the man of your dreams tonight." My smiled faltered and she shook her head. "I'm sorry, Syd."

"You're fine. It's just.... I already did and he's gone, so..... anyway. Let's just go and have a good time, ok? No talking about Ronnie or any of it." She nodded and we walked out.

The first thing I noticed was Ronnie getting out of his car and how he stopped and stared at me as I walked down to Carrie's car. I couldn't help but feel a rush knowing I still had some effect on him. He smiled at me as I got in the car and we left.

"See, I told you he still wants you." I shook my head, I didn't want to think about him or anything. I just wanted to have a good time and not think.

We pulled up the club and got out. Laughing, we walked up the door and they immediately let us in. We walked up to the bar and got a drink before finding a table to sit at. "This place is great. Drink up so we can go dance." I nodded and slammed it down as Carrie laughed and did the same.

We walked onto the dance floor and started dancing, losing all control, and not giving a fuck what anyone thought. I saw two guys walking over to us and suddenly for nervous. They stopped in front of us and I looked at Carrie.

"You ladies want to dance?" Carrie nodded and I smiled. As long as he didn't touch me, I would be fine. It started out fine, I was having a blast dancing with the guys and with Carrie. Until out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ronnie watching me. I looked at Carrie and she smiled, nodding toward him.

I looked at Ronnie again and walked the opposite way. I walked around the dance floor and outside. "Wait, Syd!" I turned around and saw Ronnie running toward me.

"What are you even doing here?" I asked him when he stopped in front of me.

"I just wanted to check on you." I rolled my eyes and turned away as I saw Carrie walk out. I started walking to her and the guy she was dancing with walked out behind her, his hands on her hips, both of them laughing. I heard Ronnie walk up behind me. "Come on, I'll give you a ride home."

I nodded and walked to his car, feeling like they had planned this somehow. "Where's your girlfirend?" He smirked as he started home.

"I don't have one." I looked at him, not expecting that answer.

"What happened to her?" He looked at me as he stopped at a red light.

"I'm in love with someone else." He said simply and I looked away from him. We didn't say anything else to each other. He pulled in my driveway and I quickly got out and wondered why he was following me. I thought he was just walking me to the door, to make sure I got in ok.

I unlocked the door and turned around. "Do you want to come in? I think we should talk." He nodded and followed me in.

"What did you want to to talk about?" He was standing close to the door and I felt my confidence wavering. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"You know, it's not important. Thanks for driving me home." I dropped my bag on the table and walked back to the kitchen. I thought he would leave, but he followed me.

"It was important enough for you to ask me in, what was it you wanted to say, beautiful?" My head shot up and my eyes widened. It had been so long since he called me that.

I took a deep breath. "I've been going to meetings, talking to a therapist once a week. I'm doing a lot better." He nodded when I stopped talking. "I thought maybe we could..." My voice trailed off as he moved closer.

"We could what?" He tugged a piece of hair behind my ear and closed my eyes at his touch.

"Be together again. I miss you so much, Ronnie. I'm so in love with you, I just want you." He didn't say anything for a couple minutes.

"Do you think you're ready for that? Because I need all of you, Sydney. I can't have you push me away again." I walked to stand in front of him before I pulled him to me and his lips landed on mine.