Chapter 5 : Blood

Start from the beginning

Everything finally settles in, crashing me like a ton of bricks. A long and sharp scream escapes my mouth, pushing the note until my lungs are left with no air. Tears instantly begin to stream down my face, my hands trying to cover my mouth to prevent my own self from screaming, but I unfortunately end up screaming louder and louder by the second.

Grayson stands up in a heartbeat and turns around to face me. His mouth falls open and his eyes broaden in terror.

"Carrie!" I holler at the top of my lungs, backing away from her dead body as fast as I can, then bumping against Grayson's stiff legs. He falls down to his knees and wraps his arms around my quivering body, turning my head away to keep me from staring. His gaze remains on her, on her face drained out of life.

Her brown eyes are opened wide, staring down at the lake. Her whole body is naked, blood stained and exposed at the moonlight. My whole body trembles at every loud sobs escaping my mouth as Grayson desperately tries to pull me closer to him.

-----

Sirens.

Ear-piercing sirens that can be heard from miles away.

Lights.

Red and blue lights everywhere I look, almost blinding me every time I dare to look up from the ground.

Four men lift up her body, now covered by a white drape, and carefully put her down on a stretcher before leading it to the ambulance next to me. Grayson's hands keep rubbing my arm up and down, his low voice vibrating in my ear as he tries to to comfort me. As he tries to ease the pain.

My dry eyes look down at the ground in front of me, the flashes of the red and blue lights reflecting in a puddle.

I want to cry, to scream, to hit, to kill.

But no tears are able to come out anymore, I already cried all the water I had in my body.

No sounds are able to escape my mouth, I already screamed all the voice left inside of me.

My limbs are unable to move, my body just keeps shaking uncontrollably.

My gaze slowly moves up and everything seems to be in slow motion.

The stretcher is being pushed into the ambulance, all four men then climbing aboard as soon as my sister's body is loaded. The doors slam shut and the ambulance take off, ringing their loud sirens again.

But I can't hear them anymore.

"Skylar!!" a voice screams from miles away. My eyes shoot up and my gaze falls upon Ethan, Cameron, Enora and Caleb. All four running towards us. Ethan up in front, tears running down his cheeks as he keeps screaming my name.

I remain immobile, my arms hanging on each side of my body, my lips parted open and my eyes bloodshot. Grayson is taken aback when I stumble backwards because of Ethan who practically ran into me, swinging his arms around me as fast as he can before hiding his face in my neck. My eyes fix the dark lake over his shoulder, my body incapable of moving an inch.

Ethan cries in the depth of my neck, his arms tightening their grasp around my weak body every moment passing by. I can't hear him cry, but I know he does when his shoulders jump up and down as he chokes back each sob.

I see Enora hiding her face in her palms in the corner of my eyes before Grayson walks up to her and wraps his arms around her neck, pulling her into his chest.

Grayson didn't cry one bit. He is the only one in the group who stayed strong. He stood up, pulled out his phone and called the police. He hugged me tight, gingerly caressing each part of my body that was trembling in fear until the police arrived. When they finally arrived, he dialed Ethan's number, who then called Caleb, who then called Enora.