Write to rank story 2-The Chase

Don't think, just run.

He bolted through the never ending forest of bamboo, heart pounding and breath coming in panicked gasps.

It felt as though a giant claw was tightening its grip around his chest, it was becoming harder to breath. His legs burned from the full sprint that started who knows how long ago.

The howling and screaming of the demons lusting for his flesh drove him onwards. The gate had to be near! It had to be!

He just had to explore that cave didn't he. Guess curiosity really did kill the cat- or maybe he wasn't a cat!

Yeah, a fox was a better fit. A not so smart fox, but a fox.

The ground rumbled behind him. Screeching came from below. They were near!

Summoning up the last bit of his strength, he put his head down and charged forward. Hope was all he had left to drive him forward- the terror of dieing paled in comparison to the pain searing his chest and legs, as though they were about to give out.

His feet pounded underneath him, each step sending jarring waves up through his body. This was the end for him.

Suddenly one of his feet rammed into something. He was momentarily weightless. Then he came crashing down, the world going black and silent.