PART ONE: Brooklyn, Lewandowski & Vegetarian Pizza

Start from the beginning

"Actually, that would be a negative for Bonnie," pointed out Nathan, walking with us back into the old, brick building that is our high school, his blonde curls bouncing up and down as he did so. "Her and Harry got an hour of detention after school for physically overexpressing their love during math." Nathan wrinkled his nose. We knew what he was talking about. The image of Harry's tongue down her throat stuck itself into our psyches.

I laughed, entering the art room where half the class had returned after scouting the grounds. The teacher was busy in the back, developing some shots, while the class stashed away their cameras and chatted about a party happening on Saturday night. I will get back to the party later on, but for now, it was the sleepover we are to be focussed on; the first of three steps that factored into the reasoning of my change of relationship status on Facebook.

-

We all settled into the lounge of the Brooklyn loft, we laid down the extra mattresses from the guest room onto the vast wooden platform next to the gigantic glass window that overlooked the city streets. I feel like I haven't fully described how amazing this apartment really was, in detail. It started a dark hallway entrance, where mood lighting illuminated the plentiful records and photo frames hung on either walls. The corridor then spilled open to the lounge, dining area and kitchen, and it essentially felt like party central. By the kitchen, there was a glass sliding door that led out to an open balcony, where Krissy's father usually had barbeques with some famous and important business people.

I remember the first time we stepped into the threshold, Bonnie's immediate first question was, "Have any hot celebrities been here, and have you met them?" Much to Bonnie's disappointment, Krissy had not been able to meet anyone famous, but I don't think she minded.

It was significantly quieter in the apartment than it was at our cafeteria table, granted we weren't in school, but mostly because the guys weren't here. Well, their guys. We weren't the kind of girly girls that enjoyed painting each other's nails at sleepovers, or gave each other makeovers or gossiped about which celebrity had the best, most fittest bod. Okay, we did do the latter, but we never revelled in caking on various needless amounts of makeup. Instead, we hooked up the PlayStation and kicked off the night with a good-aggressive game of COD: WAW [for the non-gamers out there - Call of Duty: World at War] on veteran mode, because what the hell we were all pretty kickass at this game.

Macy, Krissy and I were sat on our mattresses while Isla and Bonnie shared the rather spacey couch. The goddamn Japanese were flanking us when Macy suggested it was our empty stomachs causing our poor performance, but really it was just because Bonnie ratting on about how Mr Crowley was a sad, old, single douche that didn't want his students to be all loved up and shit. I dismissed that fact and instead insisted we just raid the kitchen because god knows what gourmet food could be in there, but they all booed and voted for pizza. Our friendship was a democracy, thank fuck it wasn't a dictatorship though.

Krissy dug around the magazine rack next to the fireplace under the flat screen, resurfacing with a pizza brochure in her hand. I picked up the phone from the coffee table and dialled the number, sitting myself between Isla and Bonnie on the couch as they continued clearing underground bunkers and setting their enemies on fire with a flamethrower. "Mama Giatta's, how may I help you?" a voice greeted me through the speaker.

"Hey, could we get one vegetarian-" Macy smiled at this, as she was on a strict no-meat diet, I don't know why "-three Hawaiians and one meat lovers, please? Also a large Pepsi and Mountain Dew, thanks," I ordered, then gave them the address. All up, it was a two minute phone call, possibly one of the longest calls I've ever had. I hadn't been much of a conversationalist, even more so over the phone. I was popular and talkative, yes, but only face-to-face, you get me?