Prologue

The year is X766, a night unlike any other for the wizards of Fairytail, usual old routine of drinking and having fun at the guild hall. Master Makarov was out for a stroll until he decided to return to the guild hall. Once he arrived at the steps, he found a basket covered with a blanket and a note. He paid no attention to it, until he saw the blanket shuffle, he lifted it up and found to his surprise, a baby boy.
'What kind of parent abandons their child out at the steps of a guild?' He thought to himself, his rage slowly building up. He grabs the basket and storms into the guild hall, everybody ceases their drinking and stare at their master.
"Listen up! We have a new member of our guild! A young boy was left at our foot steps, for long he's been there I do not know. But we shall take him in as one of our own!" He yells, lifting the basket up, everybody raised their mugs in agreement.
"First, we must give him a name!" The master yelled.
Various names were shouted, but he master didn't agree with them. Until one was yelled, "How about (Y/N)?" Someone shouted. Everybody seemed to nod and agree with them.
"Well then! Welcome our newest family member (Y/N), we will care for him as if he was our own child!" He yelled.

Years pass by, and it is now X779, (Y/N) knows he is an orphan, but that doesn't matter. He has a family that continues to grow at Fairytail, everyone treats him well, even the other kids here. Someone of them can relate to (Y/N) there is not one day that (Y/N) ever feels sad. For his family is not the one that abandoned him, but the one he gained. As each day goes by, (Y/N) has fun playing with the other kids. They all seem to be very powerful and able to wield magic. They've even tried to teach him magic but every time he tries he can't succeed, he's even been taking lessons it's various guild members to learn how to use it; but he can't do it.

"Come on, it's easy and tasty! Maybe you need a fire in your belly before you can wield it!" Natsu Dragneel, a close friend of (Y/N), says while pointing a flaming stick near his mouth, his other friend happy nods in agreement.
"I don't think I'm maybe to eat fire like a dragon slayer Natsu" you reply, backing up.
"Don't know till ya try it!" Natsu says while stepping closer.
"That's enough Natsu. The boy can't eat fire." Master Makarov says, approaching the two kids. "Now come along young (Y/N) I have something for you."
"Maybe the master is going to make you eat molten rocks!" Natsu replies, laughing.
"I'll catch ya later Natsu" you reply, following Makarov. He leads you into the recovery room of the guild, where a old lady awaits you.

"This is an old friend, she is here to do an examination of your magic."
"Alright! Let's get this going!"
The old lady places her hand in your chest and her other hand on your forehead, both start glowing. A few minutes pass and she retracts her hands with frightening speed, you can see horror on her eyes. She grabs Makarov's hand and drags him out of the room, slamming the door behind her.
'What just happened? What did she see?' Various questions ran through your head, moments pass and Makarov walks slowly into the room, closing the door behind him.

"(Y/N), you know I would never lie to you. I treat you as my own child, but there comes a time where every child is told something they do not wish to hear." He says, he raises his head and looks you straight in the eyes that are filled with sadness.
"You can't use magic."
It's as if you were stabbed in the gut, you will never use magic. Your eyes begin to fill with tears, sadness envelops your mind. You'll never use magic, those words repeat themselves in your head, as if someone was constantly throwing punches at you. You never wanted anything more than to use magic, and to go on jobs with your friends; your family.

No, You will not cry. You made yourself a promise that very moment. You will not stop until you can use magic, if not until someone can train you or teach you magic. You'll find a way, you'll grow strong and use whatever you can to use magic; no matter what.
"You're wrong" you tell him. "I will use magic, even if it kills me. I will find a way, I'll make magic, I'll build magic, I'll infuse gear with magic! But I will use magic!" You yell. You stand up and head for you room. You pack your bags and wrap the crimson Fairytail emblem on your right arm with a cloth, and head for the doors.
Master Makarov and your friends try to stop you, but you've made up your mind. "I'll return once I can call myself a wizard. I will train everyday and learn how to use it, I wont be back till then. I may never return, but I will not call myself a member of Fairytail till then!"
Those were your final words you spoke to them.

Years go by, not one single day are they not on your mind. But each and every day you train and train, you find teachers who are willing to teach some some magic but to no avail. You've busted every library in Fiore and read every book on magic, until you found a book about magic items, if you can't become a wizard, then you will become someone who uses magic items. But then you won't be a complete wizard; this thought stuck with you for awhile, you decided to attempt and create your own magic items, you went and found a blacksmith who was willing to make you his apprentice and train you.

After years of training as a blacksmith, you've created your own armour and weapons. A heavy set of armour made out of the toughest metal, it has a belt that can implant two stakes into the ground to keep you steady. A shield that retracts out of the left arm. Your weapon is a massive lance, at the end it has a barrel that can, a gun lance. It is loaded with three vials that a filled with gunpowder that is infused with some fire magic, allowing to to fire a bolt of fire.
When you were finished creating the armour, you met a fellow isn't the forest who wore black robe and had a white yoga draped over his torso. He warned you to stay back, but paused.
"You have no magic?" He said coldly, from a distance.
You simply nodded.
"And yet, you walk around in that armour that isn't even enchanted?"
"Enchanted? Like magic items?" You asked.
He simply nodded and explained that he is able to enchant them for you, for a price of course.
"Yes, I'm willing to do anything!" You replied, he to you to take off the armour and lay down the weapon and step a couple of meters back.
"How do I know you won't just mug me?" You asked.
"If I wanted to mug you, you'd already be dead." He said, as the forest behind him started to die and wither. Once you stepped back away from your armour, he approached and placed his hand on each set of armour and walked away.
"You'll come to learn of each new ability. You are now in my debt, the time will come when I will ask you to fulfil it."

"You aren't going to tell me about what you just did."

"Like I said, you'll learn."

After that day, you stayed up all night inspecting the armour, nothing seems new, nothing seems off. It all seemed normal. You sat there, wondering if you should return to Fairy tail. The year is X784, it has been five years since you left Fairytail.
'It doesn't seem to be very long but it feels like forever. It's just starting to become spring, and if I leave now I maybe able to arrive back to Magnolia before summer hits. Yeah, I'll head back and be the first wizard without magic! I'll wear my armour with pride!' You thought yourself, you rip the wrap you've worn around your right arm, revealing the Fairytail emblem. You grab your chest plate and paint on a crimson emblem onto it. You back your bags and prepare to leave in the morning on your journey back to Magnolia.
You're heading home.

-Authors notes-
This kinda sounded cheesy, hahah. Anywho I recently finished Fairytail Zero and felt inspired to attempt and write a Fairytail story. I tried to make it as lore friendly as possible but I couldnt find much information on magic items and how they are made, and how people with magic are in the world. Anywho I tried.
Here's what I would like to believe the armour would look like (credits to original creator)
The gunlance is an idea from MonsterHunter World cause it's amazing and fun.

(Credits for photo go to original creator) (Credits go to Hiro Mashima, creator of Fairytail)

(Credits go to Hiro Mashima, creator of Fairytail)