Leila had to leave Sunfire into the hands of a castellan she trusted and so left the mantle to Oberyn's personal maester, trusting him more than she had anyone else there. She also had written to her neighbor keep, the Manwoodys and the Ullers to help keep peace within their borders if any troubles should arise and they responded with agreement, saying that they will do as she asked which she was genuinely thankful for.

Leila also left a few of her Lannister men there, hoping they help keep the peace in the newly finished streets and slums of Sunfire and took only a chosen few to come with her to the capital. Of course being surrounded by soldiers under the command of her uncle Gerion meant she did not have to bring many of her men to join her.

Her uncle Gerion was sent along with the fleet to accompany her safely to her father, which Leila appreciated on her father's behalf. Her uncle was a man unlike her father, they both looked alike but such different personalities exist within them.

Gerion Lannister was a man who was more laughter than anything else, someone who like sunshine more than rain and despite being a Lannister, he was one of the most modest and kindest members of her family.

Being the youngest, her uncle did not have much responsibility within the house. Her uncle Kevan was in her father's council and had his own keep near Lannisport, uncle Tygett was in Lannisport as the commander of the city guards and aunt Genna was often helping with the running of the Rock. Her uncle had a more enjoyable carefree life. He was a traveler, often going days and weeks without letters home as he moved along the west, visiting keeps and places that interest him.

He wasn't settled down either, seeing it as a cage rather than a comfort. But lately, her father decided that it was not going to be that for his brother always and gave him a post as the fleet of Lannisport's commander, though Leila guessed that it was not a permanent post considering her uncle had been talking of going to Pentos after this task was made and finished.

"I kent it," The redheaded Mors Manwoody growled with a terribly disheveled look, moving away from his glare at Leila and into the bucket, hurling all the medicine and porridge he had been fed by the ship's healer. "I kent that I wouldna last in this damn hellhole. Damn ye, lad who created damn ships! May ye go to the seven hells!"

One person besides Leila who was not pleased with leaving the Dornish homeland was Mors Manwoody. From the beginning when Leila told him that she had to leave because her father had summoned her, he tried to talk her out of it.

He voiced that Leila was a Dornishwoman now, engaged to wed to one of its princes and was given a Dornish title and thus independent from her family now. She had a new family she could please but Leila knew her father was not going to take a no for an answer and still unwedded, he can take her from anything without breaking a sweat about it. He was Tywin Lannister, the most powerful man in the world and Leila knew better than to challenge him.

When the heir of Manwoody realized he was not going to be able to stop her, he put aside his own feelings and decided that he was going to go with her. Leila saw it unnecessary knowing he was also needed here in Dorne but he pointed out his vows to her as a sworn sword and wrote to his father about it and the raven return with approval of his plans to join Leila.

Leila immediately reacted but Mors eventually manages to get her to agree to his decisions.

Mors was very certain that they were going to go by land, knowing it would only take a few days then as King's Landing wasn't very far from Dorne. But as soon as princess Loreza offered her own ship and then the arrival of the Lannister fleet, he felt like he was being punched in the gut with such decisions and Leila finally found out why as soon as they rode the ship.