"Patrick will be there," he says looking back at me through his rear view mirror.

   "Too bad I don't care," I reply plugging in my headphones.

   A couple minutes later, Paige starts talking to me about how Patrick is cute. I just stare at her like she's insane.

   "I can't date Patrick, Jim," I say after the conversation about him is over.

   He glances at me through the rear view mirror. Dad has a questionable look on his face. I can tell he's confused.

   "Paige, here, likes him. She thinks he's cute. Plus, she's known him longer. By default, Paige gets him," I explain winking at her.

   There's a blush creeping on her face. Paige burrows her head in her arms and screams inward. I remember doing that about a boy once. Glad I'm not twelve anymore.

   "We're here," Lila says getting out of the van.

   I step out and keep it open for little Regina. She comes toddling out of the van with her little ponytail floppy around behind her. There is a smile plastered on her face as she squeals looking at the restaurant.

   "Anna hold me," she told her mom before turning to me and flinging her arms around my legs.

   I carefully lift her up. Her legs are secured around my waist. She lays her head on my shoulder as we walk into the place. Her hazel eyes stare into my green ones.

   "Sit by me, Anna," she demands.

   A guy calls my dad's name. We all turn to look at the man. Dad waves at him and hustles over to the table. All of us follow suit.

   "Anna," Patrick says with a smirk.

   I roll my eyes and scoff. Regina decides to sit on outside of the booth. I sit beside her and Paige sits closest to the wall. Patrick sits across from her with Kat beside him. The grown ups sit at a table a few feet away from us.

   "How have you been?" he asks staring at me.

   I choose to ignore him. Instead, I tickle Regina's belly and call her cute. This makes Patrick a little frustrated.

   "I know you can hear me," Patrick huffs out.

   I look up at him and shrug before turning back to the five year old. My phone rings and I look at the ID. Michael's name pops up and a huge smile appears on my face.

   "Hello?" I answer.

   "Babe!" he exclaims.

   "What's going on?"

   "I missed hearing your voice and I'm on break. I thought I'd call and check up on you," Michael explains.

   "Well, currently, I'm st breakfast with my dad's family, his co worker, and the co worker's son."

   "Patrick?" he breathes out.

   "Yup."

   "Don't let him try anything on you, princess. I don't like sharing. You know that."

   I smile thinking about how protective he is over me. All of the people at my table are staring out me and I start to blush. Patrick rolls his eyes and looks down at the menu.

   "I gotta go, Mikey. I'll talk to you later."

   "Bye, princess."

   The waitress comes up and takes our order. I notice Patrick eying her. It grosses me out and Paige sees it, too.