𝗭𝗘𝗥𝗢 | Prologue

|𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄|
・ ━━━━━━・❪  ❫ ・━━━━━━ ・
𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐙 𝐄 𝐑 𝐎
( 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 )

|𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄|・ ━━━━━━・❪  ❫ ・━━━━━━ ・𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐙 𝐄 𝐑 𝐎( 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 )

❝ i lost myself somewhere
in the darkness ❞
・ ━━━━━━・❪  ❫ ・━━━━━━ ・

𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦 was something Daenerys was quite familiar with. All different kinds of it too. All her life she had lived in it, both physically and mentally. She knew its darkest corners, familiar embrace, and everlasting pain.

When she was a child, she had shared it with her brother, hiding wherever was possible, in hope that none of Robert Baratheon's assassins would find them and end the Targaryen dynasty for good. And Daenerys had to admit that they managed very well for two children with only a handful of supporters.

Up until her late childhood, Daenerys had mostly endured the darkness around her, way too focused on trying to stay alive rather than thinking of the dark shadow that had started to take over her mind.

But now, she knew that even when you think you're in the darkest place you could possibly be at, a darker place will sneak up on you.

For Daenerys that unexpected, darker place just happened to be her brother. The one who she thought to be her safe haven in the world, her only family member that remained, the one person she could count on against all odds.

Her nativity had protected her from the signs of madness he had started to display. All Viserys' built up anger had slowly started to spill over the edge. He started to be power-hungry, vengeful, abusive even. Sadly, Daenerys was the only one around who had could take out his frustrations on.

Daenerys used to be confused as to why he did it.

Her brother used to be kind to her when they were children. He would tell her stories about their ancestors and even let her sleep in his bed when she had nightmares. Sometimes he would even give her the remaining food they had managed to collect.

But as the young prince grew, his heart seemed to shrink.

Now, his kindness had become a very distant memory for Daenerys, and all she could feel when she heard his name was one thing; fear.

Even now when he's long dead, his name sent shivers down her spine and made her eyes gloss over with unshed tears. And she hated it.

Her brother had only seen her as a pawn in his game of reaching a high position of power over The Seven Kingdoms. That's why he married her to Khal Drogo, one of the greatest khal's to have ever lived. Her brother made a deal with the Dothraki horse lord; the Khal got his little sister, and he got a powerful army. Daenerys had no say in it whatsoever, not that she had a say in anything back then. All she could do was sink deeper into the darkness she had within her.